Spoiling Hetzner - A Very Small Review

I love it!

We’ve been joking about what we can do with the big space in the middle until the rest of the furniture arrives. There have been some pretty good suggestions so far, but they also sound strangely like a 5-year-old’s birthday party entertainment: pinatas, a swing, a bouncey castle, a ball pit. Any ideas…? --Katie

4 Likes

Hetzner: y u tempt me to buff up my cheep auction dedi like dis?
I only saw these Price drops now (src: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Root_Server_Hardware/en#Drives )

240 GB SATA SSD Datacenter Edition € 5.00
480 GB SATA SSD Datacenter Edition € 7.00
960 GB SATA SSD Datacenter Edition € 11.50
1.92 TB SATA SSD Datacenter Edition € 22.00
5 Likes

Naturally. :slight_smile:

How about a life-sized chocolate fountain?

3 Likes

Yeah, I only saw it a few hours ago myself! :nerd_face: I guess our sales technicians just decided to test your resolve. Thanks for pointing it out to the Ballers here.

That might get sticky and it sounds like it should be a card in the game Cards Against Humanity.

I definitely thought more people in this forum would be in favor of a ball pit. --Katie

2 Likes

@Hetzner_OL Katie, you are looking great on this new video chatting about Volumes:

3 Likes

Thanks! We were experimenting a bit with trying out a new format. Being on camera is really not something that comes naturally to me, so I was a bit nervous about it. :joy: --Katie

7 Likes

1 Like

Data Center Park Falkenstein turns 10 - free setup special!

For our jubilee, setup fees are taking a holiday. This month, we’re celebrating a milestone in the history of our company. With the opening of Data Center Park Falkenstein exactly 10 years ago, we launched our
first data center park in Germany, and set a new standard in excellence for IT infrastructure. Today, there are more than 200,000 servers in operation, a number which grows each day.

That’s why we’re running such an amazing special this month! We’re dropping the setup fees for select products. This includes our EX, PX, and AX dedicated root servers, all of our managed servers, and web
hosting accounts level 4 and higher.

Take a look at our goods. These deals are so hot, you may need shades: https://www.hetzner.com

This incredible offer is good for the full month of July 2019!

6 Likes

If you were already thinking about getting a nice Dedi… this is the moment !

1 Like

Fuuuuuuuuck. That EX62-NVMe is calling out to me. I want to replace the NanoKVM server with it so badly.

4 Likes

Get it !

1 Like

Or you know spin up 10 Hetzner cloud instances until you realize they are doing nothing for hours.

It’s a madness, but it will pass in a few hours.
That said, grab a 22Eur Haswell from auction if you can snag one :smiley:

1 Like

That’s what it would be replacing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone know if additional IPs assigned to a server in Finland could be transferred to a server in Germany?

Depends on if the block is portable. You’re going to have to ask @Hetzner_OL

1 Like

Willing to get rid of it?

Hi! I asked my colleague from the Sales team. He said that is not possible to transfer an additional IP from Finland to Germany. Because of different OSPF areas, it is technically not possible to make a transfer. Hope this answer was helpful. If you have further questions, let me know.
–Julia, Marketing

2 Likes

Yes, but it would be in ~11 days. Cost would be ~€25 (with approximately 3 weeks left before renewal), renewal is €22 excl. VAT. Spec is E3-1246V3, 2x2TB, 32GB, Finland.

1 Like

@Hetzner_OL do you guys charge for a 2nd /64 IPv6? I know you charge for assignments bigger than a /64 but how about a 2nd /64?