Spoiling Hetzner - A Very Small Review

the name doesn’t help much

2 Likes

Seriously. I’m surprised there isn’t more interest in Alpine.

Just call me Wroteeit.

1 Like

2 Likes

Alpine already on Hetzner Cloud?

After my suggestion, Alpine 3.7 is now available on Hetzner Cloud.

• Create a vps with Debian or CentOS
  • After creation, go to ‘ISO Images’ and mount Alpine Linux.

Happy cloud riding!

2 Likes

Huh, I’ve never even noticed that the ISO section was there after creating a VPS. Sweet :stuck_out_tongue: It would be cool if we could create the VPS with Alpine in the first place though.

2 Likes

It’s true. Alpine is already available as an ISO image for a while. It was my mistake that I did not point out that you can mount it by following the steps that @anon40039896 has shared. I assumed you knew, I’m sorry :slightly_frowning_face:
If you setup a cloud server you can only choose Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian and Centos as custom image. After creating your Cloud server you can choose from many many ISO images.

Sorry for the missunderstanding and the confusion.

–Julia, Marketing

6 Likes

Awesome, Julia !

and… Alpine is the first choice… being on top of the list

2 Likes

Was wondering if anyone here is dropping EX62, the 2x 8TB HDD one and can transfer to me.

would love it if it can be pushed up a queue a bit.

Reference number: B20190519-1306594

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi @Shu, unfortunately I couldn’t find a ticket that matches the reference number you provided. Our ticket numbers are usually 16-digit number strings. Can you give me an alternative ticket number? Also, you should be getting a response from our support team in the course of the day :slight_smile:

–Julia, Marketing

2 Likes

Hey Julia,
I got an email an hour ago that the server is already provisioned.
I wasn’t expecting it to be so fast since I asked for additional drives along with EX62.
Thank you

4 Likes

That’s good news! Have fun with your EX62 then :slight_smile:

–Julia

2 Likes

Hey again,
so I tried 2 ISO files, WIndows server 2019 and Windows server 2019 essentials. Both evaluation ISOs from Microsoft and I get this

Any help from the community would be appreciated

Edit: Fixed

What was the issue?

Probably burned the driver to an ISO and mounted it.

1 Like

Just selected the usb which had iso burned included subfolders and looked for drivers because i didn’t know where they are exactly. So it scanned whole drive and found ethernet drivers. Got the rest from windows update once ethernet was working

For those of you who are Rancher, Kubernetes, and Hetzner Cloud fans, there’s a tutorial out that may be worth a look-see:

–Katie, Marketing

4 Likes

My boss just brought in some bling for our new marketing team offices (renovated office space in the same Gunzenhausen location).

–Katie, Marketing

7 Likes