cPanel Change in Pricing

Putting this here aswell (given it probably affects a lot of us):

Introducing Account Based Pricing

The hosting industry has changed a lot in the last 20 years, and has long out-grown the licensing and pricing structure that we have used at cPanel. Effective immediately, cPanel’s license structure and the way we price our products is changing. Our pricing and licensing structure will now be standardized for all of our customers and include multiple Tiers. This new structure defines the price of each license based on the number of Accounts hosted on the server, reflecting the value received by the owner; now, customers pay for only what they use. On September 1st, 2019, we will introduce Auto-Scaling Packages, Fixed Packages, and transition all existing monthly licenses to the new account based pricing and licensing structure.

Which prices are changing?
We are adjusting the prices of all cPanel licenses sold to our Partners, Distributors, and cPanel Store Customers.

FAQ: https://forums.cpanel.net/pages/partners/

They are charging a minimum of $0.20c per month per account by the look of it and that includes your resellers accounts.

bye bye cPanel, it was good while it lasted.

@AnthonySmith

7 Likes

$0.2 per each account monthly. That’s $2,4 yearly.

Say Hello to your old friend, DirectAdmin.

14 Likes
1 Like

Most cheap annual cPanel hosting providers are basically fucked.

8 Likes

True that^^

1 Like

check this thread for some free alternatives

Will be interesting what happens to https://infinityfree.net/ free cPanel hosting. So glad I signed up last week to see how this plays out. When will my pan site will go offline :open_mouth:

It’s a pitty though because cheap-ass services that have been more solid than expensive providers (think @Cam @Jarland MXRoute @mikho @AnthonySmith ) will now have to think about alternatives :S

Also named some on LET I enjoy:

ispConfig and Keyhelp (perhaps even HestiaCP)

1 Like

For the hours I’ve spent on typing, I would shamelessly suggest CyberPanel to that as well.

3 Likes

Never tried it. Maybe will one day. There is a paid option, which always keeps me from trying it as I fear it might be taken down and go paid only. I prefer ispConfig’s way of stable panel and good support + optionally paid VIP support (20$/6 months). Your queries will also be answered without paying though. Keyhelp and Hestia is also great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s going pretty good in terms of features. Maybe stability would have improved, not so sure though.

I thought the pricing was only for LiteSpeed Enterprise but seems like it now includes enterprise CyberPanel fee as well.

2 Likes

Cyberpanel had some bugs, but is very actively maintained

Give it a try, install it yourself (online demo currently not enabled)

3 Likes

Yup. if you face problem with it, you can message me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Frankly I don’t yet know what I’m doing to do, but at an increase of over $11,000 per year in infrastructure cost, lying down and taking it is most definitely not the choice I’ll be making.

16 Likes

It’s a pretty shitty move, because this goes beyond a price hike, they are completely changing their pricing structure.
These guys are making sure they get a take of every client their clients take on, like a commission on every sale.

@Francisco don’t you have resellers with hundreds of accounts under their one reseller account?

Also I wonder if dedi providers were contacted before hand cause of the cPanel addons, like @HIVELOCITY @qps

1 Like

Just start offering the free alternatives as a one click install, that will teach them.

4 Likes

It’s pretty rough for him and others. Either a price hiccup or they will move customers to other panel. Also, I’m not sure what they will do with resellers who have 200+ accounts and paying peanuts.

1 Like

We received the notice along with all of the cPanel partner NOCs today.

2 Likes

There are about to be alot of Deadpool’d hosting providers.

6 Likes

Haha that’s fucking batshit. I think one of the best options for providers might be to bump up all prices to include the fee, while offering the old prices + free migration to an alternative platform (e.g DirectAdmin).

It’s customers that will get to decide whether cPanel is effectively dead or not.

5 Likes