Black Friday 2018

@Wolveix Thanks for adding the info about our sale for today! That was really nice of you! :grin::smiley:
ā€“Katie

4 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! Thanks for the heads up that there would be one :grin:

@Andrei, any more spicy deals?

He didnā€™t miss it, the offer wasnā€™t live yet. As mentioned in my promo notes the coupons would become available at noon UTC time, which is now :slight_smile:

Coupons are now usable, enjoy.

2 Likes

Thatā€™ll teach us to read the fine print! :stuck_out_tongue:

@mr.who - get it while the getting is good :wink:

Haha :stuck_out_tongue:
No, but Iā€™m more of a traditional kind of guy and I wanted the Black Friday promo to go live on the actual Black Friday dayā€¦ cause you now have BF deals going live even 1 week before, we even have ā€˜summerā€™ Black Friday over here (for some reason), and Iā€™m just sick of all of it. It just diminishes the true value of the real Black Friday.

4 Likes

Grabbed both uptime and blacklist monitors. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty much summarized the rant I went on to the wife yesterday. This year it felt so cheap, like everyone wanted to take advantage of stupid shoppers until Black Friday became a thing to despise rather than appreciate. So many items on sale, for their regular price, for Black Friday a week in advance this year.

3 Likes

Well here like every years since we adopted Black Friday as a national thing, companies were caught pricing up the items the week before Black Friday to sell at ā€œdiscountā€ during the Black Friday promos.

Some companies were so sloppy that left the previous price tags on the itemsā€¦

Last year a huge get cloth brand was caught selling at higher prices during their Black Friday promos than their regular prices a week before.

I keep buying stuff online (apps I wanna try and stuff like that), someone please stop me. :tired_face:

Send me everything you got in your CC. Iā€™ll give it back after CyberMonday. Pinky promise :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

ā€¦maybe I could give you the CC and then claim it always you all along :thinking:
ā€¦chargebacks ftw?

3 Likes

Thanks to all the providers who submitted or posted offers this Black Friday / Cyber Monday! @armandorg @BigBox @cubedata @Dedispec @Cam @Andrei @Hetzner_OL @HIVELOCITY @MichaelCee @HostDoc @hostEONS @mikho @Jarland @gestiondbi @QuadraNet_Adam @Radi @Ishaq @Ryan (sorry if I missed anyone)

I think overall it went very smooth and was successful. Hopefully everyone that was looking for some great deals found what they were looking for.

@everyone let us know if thereā€™s anything we can improve for next year to help out with the next BF/CM or future sales! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thanks very much all for having me and not abusing my offers =]

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been doing my happy dance all day because of the great response we got last week. We broke our all-time sales record for dedicated root servers. Thanks again for all the love! --Katie, Marketing
P.S. My happy dance is like Charleton from Fresh Prince. What does your happy dance look like?

6 Likes

Congratulations! Iā€™m hoping that I get my server before Monday as I was hoping to cancel my current one before the end of its renewal period, but it ends on Tuesday :worried:

Isnā€™t that just the standard happy dance? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

5 Likes

I canā€™t promise anything, but perhaps you can ask about this via a support ticket. Perhaps theyā€™ll be a bit lenient here. --Katie

1 Like

I donā€™t know. I used to have different happy dances for different situations. For example, this isnā€™t that far off from my own I-just-stole-a-base happy dance. But then again, I havenā€™t stolen a base since high school. :wink: --Katie

2 Likes
4 Likes