Recommended WordPress Plugins?

Agree. Everyone needs to ask themselves whether they are satisfied with the results. Personally, I have been so far. That’s just me though. I can see where you are coming from and Gutenberg is certainly a new possiblity although I don’t like it that much… yet… Time will show :slight_smile:

Not a “fan” either: Especially if a client installs a bunch of random plugins I’ve never heard of (or even nulled ones) and then wonders why the site stopped working or is super slow…

1 Like

@Mr_Tom To that end I also love https://pinegrow.com/ when creating websites. A bit like Webflow and convert HTML themes to WP if needed.

1 Like

I’ve only done basics with it to be honest - but it gives the user a view of how the page will look while they publish content (you can easily style it to mimic front end), by just adding native or custom blocks.

If there’s a specific “layout” or “pattern/style” used regularly in a design, make it a block. Then just build the pages.

Not heard of pinegrow - it looks like a cross between Dreamweaver and Adobe XD, which can then make a wordpress theme?

2 Likes

Pinegrow is pretty cool.

Features I love:

• Clean code and swift HTML visual editor.

• Edit Code in Sublime Text and all your edits are displayed live in Pinegrow. You can jump back and forth between Sublime Text and Pinegrow (e.g. if you have two screens have both open and sync in real time).

• Import the design/structure of (almost) ANY website. Just enter the URL and it will be imported and you can start hacking (=coding/changing) into it.

• Ability to convert to WP although usally I’ll just use https://htmltowordpress.io/

2 Likes

What about Elementor Pro?

2 Likes

I use elementor pro and found it a lot quicker and more comprehensive than divi

2 Likes

I always fancied trying that one but never used it. I only had experience with Divi from inheriting sites to maintain.

Most of these “page builders” I find can be replaced (with exceptions) using the Gutenberg editor and custom blocks.

1 Like

Is Jetpack realy needed to use WooCommerce to its fullest?

A manual install is possible, but installing with Jetpack is still the best way to do it.

Tbh this one looks pretty cool. Auto update & backup WP sites remotely for free (updates included) :slight_smile:

Even more interesting features if you wanna pay.

Free for unlimited sites

• 1-click admin access
  • 1-Click Updates
  • Backup & Restore

The same guys also developed https://wptimecapsule.com/ which also looks interesting from a Developer P.O.V. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Divi stepped up their game once more :open_mouth:

So awesome, that now your site edits are stored as revisions and you can jump back and forth:

1 Like

This looks also super useful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bookmarked !

I was looking for something like that a while ago.

1 Like

That does look quote handy, especially the database sync (I presume it would update site_url options, etc?)

Be nice if they offered a self hosted version - I get asked to move dev sites onto prod servers/live domains but just do it manually at the minute.

1 Like

So, I recently joined the Divi Fb Group and it’s really interesting to see what people accomplished building with it. And also how optimized some sites are. Built with Divi but don’t load slow at all (which is what many who dislike Divi complain about).

Interesting Read for everyone that uses WP and Divi (although some things are quite obvious for ppl that spin up their own vps): Divi Speed Optimization: the Ultimate Guide

1 Like

I noticed I have a few clients running Wordpress with no cache or other plugin to help optimize performance.
@holyballs mentioned WP2Static. And there’s different cache plugins, like WP Super Cache.

I’m wondering which might be the safest, still effective, plugin to install, for

1. Clients running a store using WooCommerce?
  2. Client using plugins that fetch data from caldav, RSS etc?

Any thoughts? :slightly_smiling_face:
(I only remember vaguely that I “fixed” an issue by disabling a cahce plugin many years ago.) :laughing:

The server runs LiteSpeed/LSCache IIRC.

Nothing beats static files… use NGINX reverse proxy cache, LScache or Varnish to serve them.

WP2Static won’t interfere with dynamic/store functionality?

It will

1 Like