Node Migration + CDN Deployment

Admin Edit: Moved all relevant posts from The Ball Pit into this dedicated topic.

1 Like

Deployed CDN for HB. Observing result.

2 Likes

Migrating discourse is a bitch.

3 Likes

That’s what it said when discourse was tossing your salad.

2 Likes

HB is going to be a bit slower for a bit, experiencing migration needed to happen but damn is it intensive. I’m capping 4 CPU cores right now.

1 Like

2 Likes

May be a few more short outages while sorting it. Little HB outgrew it’s little cloud server.

1 Like

How about little cloud goes little dedi ?

1 Like

Is it just me that is no longer seeing threads popping up as unread? I.e. no change in color and no notification popping up at the top of the discussion list.

I’m still seeing it. Granted the current performance may be impacting its speed.

So in migrating Discourse you have to bring up an instance first, so I set it to new.hostballs.com. Then I had to change it back to hostballs.com. In trying to correct that fully, it’s re-converting all media uploads and maxing out CPU cores.

3 Likes

Ah, fair enough. I’ll keep an eye out to see if it persists :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jarland WHY I DIED THIS MORNING.
I came to HB in PEACE and what did it gave me?

The fucking white Template, my fucking eyes.
Fucking default option.

4 Likes

How about the brightness and contrast settings of your monitor ?

In general, white pages are fine just the fucking white forum template rapes it.
In addition, it was dark, so yea, doubles the raping effect.

White lives matter!

Wait, wait, put down the pitchforks! It’s 2020 I thought we could joke again!

1 Like

Alright let’s see if 8 CPU cores can handle the task of “rebaking” the posts.

I wondered, why the sites are loading more slowly, and HETZNER is gone.
But why?

Hetnzer has been a bit weird network-wise for the last week or so, got on my nerves with HB tonight. I’ve been getting outage reports from Hetrix that show traces stopping right before the datacenter, and tonight I was getting up to 30% packet loss at the end point only.

Hetzner had recently some network issues, due to dead/half dead hardware, but should/will be fixed soon.

1 Like

Good time to actually simulate a recovery scenario from an actual Discourse backup and let me just say…

Fuck that.

1 Like