How to Learn C++?

Thank, but i want C++ :v
Do you have tutorial about develop windows app using c++?

I donā€™t know anything about windows but I remember back in the day, visual studio had some pushbutton ā€œwizardsā€ for making c++ apps. You should learn the language itself first. If you want an intro book, Iā€™d go with Stroustrupā€™s: Stroustrup: Programming -- Principles and Practice Using C++ (Second Edition)

If C++ is your first programming language and you are not a masochist, you are probably making a mistake.

I learned the basic and i want to create something

What is stopping you then? Are you looking for projects to work on, exercises, or what?

I want to create a simple application and continue practice

If you want to write a windows desktop app with a gui toolkit, you could look for an online tutorial. This is sort of te wrong forum for advice with that kind of thing since itā€™s a hosting forum, so the programmers here are mostly server-side programmers (Iā€™m one) and they mostly use Linux rather than Windows. And really, almost nobody writes Windows apps any more. Itā€™s either web apps or mobile apps. And even mobile apps have declined as more stuff is on the web. So the stuff youā€™re asking about is basically a 1990ā€™s thing. But, you could look at WxWidgets or qt.io for some C++ gui toolkits. I havenā€™t used either myself.

GUI programming is not exactly rocket science but it is very very tedious to get all the little bits right. You might find it easier to start off with something text based, or server based.

1 Like

Yeahh, iā€™m thinking about your advice.
Pythonā€™s good but shoud i stop learning c++?

I think itā€™s reasonable for you to put C++ aside for a while. You can always take it up again wherever you want. It will just make more sense to you when you have more programming experience. I have not read Stroustrupā€™s intro book though. I have his other book which is more advanced (not for beginners), but I like his writing enough to expect his intro book to also be good.

C++ is full of things that make you ask ā€œwell why did they do thatā€. Stroustrup is the guy who invented C++, so he is able to explain exactly why he did each thing as he did, while other authors can only guess.

1 Like

Then do you know Python or any good Python learning resource .
Iā€™ve just google and found one call Learn Python the hardway

2 Likes

Iā€™d take a break from C++ and focus on something else for a little. Something its easier once youā€™ve given yourself a break from the materials. Thereā€™s plenty of MOOC classes that can help you out, and dont undersestimate the power behind youtube tutorials

1 Like

Iā€™ll take it. Thank you