Hobbies Outside of Technology

Hiya HostBalls :smiley:

Outside of Technology, what are your hobbies/interests?

Personally i collect colognes!

1 Like

Good morning!

Personally I just like to drink, play call of duty, spend time with my family, and I have this weird new obsession with collecting Android Wear devices.

1 Like

Whats been your favourite Wear device so far?

Cars and drifting are probably my #1 hobbies next to fixing broken servers! I have a Scion FRS, and it consumes far more time and money than Iā€™d like.

Oddly enough, the Ticwatch E. They all suck in terms of continuous heart monitor and sleep tracking, falling far behind Fitbit and Tizen for those things, which puts them at a level where the real day to day comparison comes down to screen size, weight, and comfort.

Second prize goes to Huawei Watch 2 for being that nice balance between ā€œjack of all tradesā€ and size/comfort.

Interestingā€¦ Ive personally only tried then ASUS Zenwatch 2. It was good for what i paid for it.

Recently Switched back to a Luxury Emporio Armani Analogā€¦ Something about Analog watches that gets to me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Used to play rugby. @WSS will probably think itā€™s funny, but I used to be a hooker on the team. But I havenā€™t played in a while and have mellowed out a lot. Lots of reading, being lazy, and some painting. I tend to disconnect when Iā€™m not in the office, so I donā€™t have many gadgets or devices. --Katie

Whaaaaaaat seriously? Haha!
Thatā€™s unfortunately a sport not so common in Portugal, at all. There are no rugby teams as far as I know, at least not in my city/close to.

IMO disconnecting when youā€™re not in the office is the most clever decision you can take, I mean, we all need to stop working at some time. Iā€™m quite addicted to working, even during weekends when I promise myself I wonā€™t.

Letā€™s say for hobbies, I love to watch tv / movies, Iā€™ve tried other stuff but I need to get my garage clean to start doing handcraft stuff, just an idea I have but maybe trying to build some model boats and stuff like that.

Word! Iā€™m a big fan of wetshaving, myself. I have something like 20 safety razors (because I can). Itā€™s probably a cheaper addiction than most. :slight_smile:

I like to work on cars- most of the time. Iā€™ve got two more to wrap up and get out of here, but we just had snow this week, so theyā€™re not high on my list of priorities, especially now with full-time work (thank god).

I really want to like the FRS more- itā€™s missing a stock turbo.

Being a hooker is a necessary position, Katie; thereā€™s nothing wrong with that!

My main hobby outside of tech is drumming. Been beating the shit out of my drums since I was 10 or 12. Was in a couple of heavy metal bands throughout high school and college, namely Smile As She Cries and Our Waking Deception. Was fun while it lasted ā€“ always had a blast playing shows and going on mini-tours.

Since having a son, I havenā€™t really touched my acoustic set for some time. However, I do have a nice electric kit that I play PhaseShift (basically rock band for PC) when I can find the time. Hereā€™s a vid of me from a couple years ago:

Aside from music, I used to be really into Warhammer Fantasy and have several armies (Empire, High Elves, Beasts of Chaos) amassed over the years. Wish I had a picture of all of them, but theyā€™re all packed away and were never painted anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

And finally video games is another hobby of mine. Iā€™ve run several large gaming communities since I was 14. Starting out with Day of Defeat: Source, then moving into Counter Strike: Source and Mount & Blade Warband. Donā€™t have too much time anymore to game, but hoping as my son gets older I can mold him into the perfect gaming buddy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Damn @Mason thatā€™s hardcore! How about some Pink Floyd? :smiley:

1 Like

Haha yeah, been all about the heavy scene since I was 16 or 17 :metal:

I have tons of songs on Phase Shift that I jam to (not all metal, donā€™t worry). Been meaning to record more, but just havenā€™t had the time to yet. Hoping to get my son into music as well, hopefully guitar so we can jam together.

1 Like

Get him to start learning it ASAP, kids learn faster than we do.

1 Like

His favorite toys as of late are a little drum set and guitar that light up and make noise, so weā€™re off to a good start :wink:

Thatā€™s a start alreadyā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I enjoy spending time with family and playing Call of Duty. Lately, I have been on a geocaching kick with my son. I have an adventurous side when not working on servers.

2 Likes

Geocaching is really interesting to find interesting places / spots.

It looks like you guys play lots of games, we should get a server soon so I can kick your asses. :>
Or maybe youā€™ll kick mine.

Call of duty infinite warfare on PS4 is our jam

1 Like

I have a discount copy of that I bought on Amazon and have yet to open, lol. Should get around to it. I got it when I picked up my PS4 last year along with Battlefield 1 and that ended up consuming pretty much all of my PS4 time.

Outside of the tech/business world I spend 10-12 hrs a day in, I like to shoot. Something really therapeutic about throwing some lead down range after a mentally taxing week behind a desk.

This last year hasnā€™t been great for finding range time but hoping in 2018 I can get out at least 2-3 weekends a month from April to October. Also looking forward to getting my hunting certification this year so I can play some real life duck hunt this fall/winter.

Low key envy collecting something affordable. I just picked up a new bottle of Yves Saint Laurent which set me back $120 AUD :open_mouth: