Hivelocity Acquires Dallas IaaS Provider, Incero.com

DirectAdmin: Yes, please! :heart:

2 Likes

Really hopping that you will add DirectAdmin sometime soon.

1 Like

May I ask how much it cost?

Bout tree’ fiddy.

4 Likes

For those of you who may have visited Incero back in the day, I wanted to invite you to take a quick look at our DAL1 live stream to see the evolution of the space since our acquisition. For those of you never saw the space before, the blinking lights are getting closer to the camera than they were 18 months ago. Data Center Live Cam | See Where Your Servers Live | Hivelocity

2 Likes

I do not know about others, but to me, each blinking light gives me a strange feeling of happiness, knowing that people are happy while transmitting data. Nice webcam, it reminds me of you (maybe?) holding some boards with messages for us, a few years ago.

Regarding Incero, it reminds me of BlueVM, a good provider from the past, which had servers at Incero datacenters. Other than that, I had not other connection with Incero.

EDIT: Damn! I feel so old now. All this was like yesterday.

1 Like

Omg i am same for the blinking lights i could literally sit in the front of it for hours knowing someone uses it… :grin:

I want cheap autoservers back!

My server should be anywhere in that livestream.

In the past, after ordering, Hivelocity used to give photos of your server (damn I am old), with a piece of paper indicating what is your server. I do not know if they still do this, but I guess they could step it up a notch, and put banners above racks, so people watching webcams may know precisely where is their server. Monitoring your server by watching the blinking lights, is the best feeling of happiness a sysadmin can have while going to sleep.

EDIT: The flip-side of live feed is if the machine starts to burn with smoke, owners will no longer go to sleep, and others (on the same rack) may have a heart attack.

1 Like

I don’t quite understand what you mean but I am listening. I am all about this type of stuff.

We still do the pictures when we can, but with Covid it hasn’t been a thing in months.