Chatbots

Right, guess the question is if the $490 account is worthwhile, and if it’s going to be my best option, though the reviews seem to say that it’s a great product, just hard to know how it compares to the other options, and especially to any available chatbot LTDs…

And any idea if you can actually change the primary email address on an account?

Thanks for all the help and info!!

Becaerful with the reviews.
AppSumo reviews are heavily monitored to leave only a few bad ones and tons of good ones making it seem they are inparcial, they’re not.
On Facebook and YouTube, most of the reviews are from Affiliates.

Personally, I decided not to invest another $245 in it. I think they suck at marketing and UX, and a company that wasn’t able to convert ONE user out of 6000 … irk.
Also a CEO that offends its user base to later ask them for more money… well… what can I say?

Take it for a spin. Or you can take advantage of AppSumo freebie while waiting for another LTD to come by :wink:

Got it, thanks.

Do you think it’s worth the original $245 at this point?

Still seems like a decent product, but always hard to know…

Edit: Seeing a discussion on another similar group where a few of your points were mentioned, have to see what else would be a good option, if I don’t go with ActiveChat…

Thanks for all your help!!

can only logged in users play with it? :frowning:

I never really made it do anything lol

1 Like

People seem to like BotStar, wonder if I can get hold of that still…

Lol, this is also fun, I guess: https://www.cleverbot.com/

Well, on paper is still a good product but I stopped using it ever since I caught them injecting their own lindked and facebook pixels on other people sites (the ones with the bot).
Initially their CEO asked me to prove it, cause he was sure it was not happening.
Get this, I had to get a dummy site up, add a bot to it, and show him the code… (stupid right? but it happened).
Then he said he was gonna take care of it immediatly.
Weeks later I had to press on the issue and he then said it had been dealt with, and again I had to prove it hadn’t been dealt with.
Then he blamed it on Segment. When that failed, he had the pixels removed.
So back then I could see how “trustworthy” he really was, and for me this is huge.

Don’t get me wrong, I might end up using it because I have it, but won’t ever be a tool that I’ll advice people to pay for. And the only way I’ll use it is to help someone to put up a bot for free. I won’t ever want to make a dime on it nor will I use it on any of my sites.

Trust is a big thing for me.

Very interesting, definitely makes a big difference with a product if you trust the company, and seeing how they’ve dealt with things previously.

Definitely seems like it’s advisable to avoid them, going to see if I can get hold of BotStar, reviews there seem better…

Thanks a lot!!

BotStar is nice too.
They have been pushing updates. Another good option is Continually. Both had LTDs so I’m pretty sure you can find codes on the reselling groups.
But again, be cautious about it.

Thanks, going to check out both, appreciate all the info!!

1 Like

Found this from AppSumo with some info on a few of them: Ultimate Guide to Chatbots 2020 - Examples, Best Practices & More

Officially seems like Continually is meant more for lead generation, and BotStar seems like it might be more advanced, but going to see what else I can find…

In a new class I’m going to teach this year, the students have to chat with some bots that are a bit old and have flaws, and then show me their conversations. I’m kind of looking forward to seeing what will happen. --Katie

4 Likes