WordPress Database Cleaner Plugin

Anyone here ever used this plugin Database Cleaner: The Best Database Cleaner for WordPress ?

1 Like

Haven’t used that one, but I think what most wp ppl would know/use when it comes to database cleanup is smth like WP Optimize.

2 Likes

vote for wp optimize :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Ympker @Verona

There’s also this guys (below) that claim to have a more feature rich plugin than WP Optimize.

I just use LSCache’s built-in database cleaner usually :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

DB cleaning in this context, what’s it about? Removing unused/orphaned entries? :thinking: :smile:

1 Like

LSCache is another solid pick.

@404error I don’t know the alternatives you have mentioned, so I can’t judge them. What I can say, though, is that with WordPress I try to stick with the highly popular plugins where possible.
For example, I have considered switching to other backup plugins like for example WPvivid (lots of features; lifetime deal; pCloud enabled) many times, however, with things like backup plugins (aside from server/provider backup) I find myself sticking to Updraft Plus, because it just works. Never had an issue with UpdraftPlus, and it is undoubtly one of the most popular WP backup plugins (3 million installs vs 200.000 installs WPvivid). I am not saying I don’t have some niche plugins, or lifetime deals when it comes to WP. However, when it comes to crucial things like backup or database optimization (as to not get things messed up), I would probably stick to Updraft/AIO WP Migration for backup and WP Optimize/LSCache for database. Take this with a grain of salt, though :slight_smile:

Fwiw, with Sigmaplugin I can’t find any company registration number or any information where the company is located (About Us/ToS/Privacy Policy). Now, when such a plugin would mess with my database, I would very much like to know who is behind it, wouldn’t you? Maybe that’s just me, though.

The first plugin you mentioned (Meow thing) is something v. 0.8.x and has 4000 installs. Also not something I’d jump on when choosing a plugin that gets access to my database.

2 Likes

Yeah, cleaning stuff that plugins that were once installed left behind.

@Ympker I get you. But WPoptimize doesn’t look like a plugin dedicated to optimizing the DB. Looks like they have a couple of features to do somethung about it, but not exactly excel at it.

I love the fact you go into detective mode :slight_smile:

1 Like