Which Phone Do You Remember Most?

Same here.

I loved that it could play basic MIDI ringtones - so I’d set things like Chopins’ Funeral March on it, and then lock it in my desk then call myself from the back room.

Good times. Good times.

I composed a song only with the highest note (a continuous high pitch beep) and when my phone rang, everybody around me became scared.

3 Likes

Flashback to high school when people would set their ring tones to extremely high pitched notes that only kids could actually hear (so the teachers would be oblivious to it, but all the students would be tormented by it).

2 Likes

Neuxs4, I broke it in a week

1 Like

Wanna buy mine? Comes with a case and Pure Nexus.

My first mobile phone was a Nokia 5110

220px-Nokia_5110

Had a few others over the years… Can’t remember the model numbers.

I borrowed a smart phone from a friend for a while (can’t remember the model number), but the first smart phone I owned myself was the HTC Touch Pro running Windows Mobile 6:

Mobile phone calls in Australia were ridiculously expensive in the 90s and early 2000s though… I think one of my phone plans was something like 90 cents per minute, vs 25 cents untimed for local landline calls, so it was still very common to find landline phones, the most common model being one you got from the phone company (Telecom / Telstra):

images(2)

So many people in Australia had the Nokia 3315, which was a slightly upgraded version of this one. What a great phone.

1 Like

This old Nokia 2600 and my first smartphone Samsung Galaxy Trend Lite Duos
977dfa530ad860449ac6105a088fae8d59204c47_2_375x500

1 Like

Boy, this is going to be a long one! I fondly remember all the phones that I have had till the end of College - after which things get a bit fuzzy as I switched phones frequently :stuck_out_tongue:

My first phone back in school was the Sony Ericsson K700i -

That was soon followed by the Nokia 6600 -

In college, I got a Nokia 9500 Communicator that lasted a year before the hinges cracked -

Then came my last Nokia phone - The E90 communicator which was built like a tank and lasted the next 2 years -

Towards the end of college, I bought my first Android Phone - Samsung Galaxy S -

That was followed by the Samsung Galaxy Note → Galaxy Note 2 → Galaxy Note 4 → Galaxy Note 7 (Yeah, the one which got banned on flights).

After Note 7, I tried the iPhone 6s followed by the OnePlus phones - OnePlus 2 → OnePlus 3 → OnePlus 5, which I currently use alongside the Samsung Galaxy S9. Pretty happy with both the devices so far.

I am looking to switch back to the Samsung Galaxy Note series and get their latest and greatest Note 10 Plus when it becomes available.

3 Likes

Nokia made the craziest and very good looking designs. I liked them a lot but I didn’t had the opportunity to own many of them.

I remember the Nokia 3220 and its crazy lights.

I had the Nokia 5200. I remember the quality of the sound in the headphones, a big improvement after my Motorola’s.

images

Someone took it from my hands in the middle of a call :joy: After that I couldn’t get new interesting phones because I had no money. That was a couple of years before the Blackberry incident. Bad luck. Shitty city in that aspect.

Now there is nothing new in terms of design, everything is the same following the iPhone trend. We just have to accept the flat and minimalistic design era.

1 Like

And talking about design, the Nokia 3650 was one that definitely was weird for the time. I didn’t own one but someone gave it to me to test my WAP pages.

images%20(3)

It was expensive as fuck over here.

1 Like

I still have it.

I used to have all my phones samsung related [android at least]. Swithced from samsung to iphone 2 years ago. Ain’t looking back.

3 Likes

There is one of those Samsung right now in my house.

It’s OK to throw some stuff away…

1 Like

The one and the only, Nokia 3210!

I’m depressed now. I owned most of the ones shown. The razr was the only phone to get a signal in the house.

1 Like

2006 vibes:

2 Likes

hst180_00 no6110_00

My first phone was a Nokia 6610. That thing was heavy and great.
My first smartphone was a Palm Treo 180. I loved that thing and it was like a tank. The only reason I stopped using it around 1999 time frame was the charging port came loose after a few years.