HostBalls strives to be a welcoming and safe community to industry veterans and hobbyists alike. By hosting industry we mean web hosting, VPS, dedicated servers, and things of that nature. The crowd attracted to HT may often be Linux nerds or even web designers. Stick around and talk about common interests with others, or potentially discover your next host!
If you want to change the appearance of the forum, you can do so via
Preferences -> Interface -> Theme
We are a shared community resource – a place to share skills, knowledge, and interests through ongoing conversation, and engage in only mildly deviant behavior.
- Ad hominem attacks
- Knee-jerk contradiction
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
Do not post any specifics about found exploits; this includes posting a short script that allows rapid signup for free services.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Spend time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
We don’t want to be as restrictive as other communities, but we also don’t want this forum to consist solely of offers. Please ensure that you follow these rules when posting an offer:
- Do not edit/delete your post to bump your offer
- Do not spam ASCII characters (e.g.: █) in the title or body
- Do not spam block capitals
- Maximum of one offer thread per week
- Offers must be posted in either of the offers or private offers categories
- Thread title must include your company title
- Try to keep the offer condensed (e.g. don’t post 101 services that you provide, just provide highlights and then link back to a products/services page)
You do not need a provider tag to post offers. You’ll automatically be assigned a tag when you’re recognised as a reputable provider.
Administrators and moderators are responsible for this forum, but so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
if you see something that breaks the rules, don’t reply. It encourages bad behavior by acknowledging it and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. Flags are taken seriously and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Discuss in English
- Don’t be a dick
- Don’t start a thread in the wrong category
- Don’t create multiple threads for the same topic
- Don’t spam
- Flag posts and/or threads that you believe should be reviewed by staff
- Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself
Each member of staff volunteers here freely. They’re as human as you are, please treat them with respect. All members of staff carry out moderation at their own discretion, as such, you may contact a different member of staff if you feel that you have been unfairly treated. When a staff member asks you to refrain from something, that is a rule for you.
Most importantly, thanks for being a part of our community! Check back regularly to see new services offered for free by other members of the community.
Disclaimer: HostBalls is owned solely by @Wolveix, no company or third-party has any part in how this community is operated.
Last updated 29th April 2023 by @Wolveix