[Weekly Poll] Do You Use a VPN On a Daily Basis?

Who here uses a VPN on a daily basis and for what purpose? I’ve been a subscriber of TorGuard for about 5 years now and mainly only use it for Linux ISOs. Never really worried about big brother or Google tracking me since I’m just a little fish. How about you guys?

• Yes, for anonymity
  • Yes, to bypass Gov/office/school restrictions
  • Yes, to prevent ISP/Google tracking
  • Yes, for other reasons
  • Sometimes, but not always
  • No or very infrequently

0 voters

2 Likes

Always anonymity. I entertain myself by creating a new identity every few months, and I pull out all the tricks to stay hidden. Unique browser and environment, VPN configured to break connectivity entirely if it disconnects (to prevent any bleed through). You’ll never figure out who it is because I’m just another random user on reddit :smiley:

1 Like

TIL Jarland is @deank :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I have a VPN to connect to my home and my dedi. In terms of internet traffic I bring up a VPN manually for ISO downloads.

2 Likes

@deank was Jarland and @WSS and @armandorg

3 Likes

I am a man of many penises.

4 Likes

Only device I don’t have a VPN on is my xbox =]

1 Like

’ caught us ’ damn or should i better say:

’ caught me ’ : |

2 Likes

You should have it Michael.

1 Like

Like ~5 years ago, I used to obsess over it… route all traffic through whatever free 5 mbps VPN I could find, make a new identity every other month, TrueCrypt hidden partitions, Tor Mail for email…

Nowadays, I don’t really care lol. I don’t have anything to hide, and I don’t really mind Google and Facebook selling all my data if it means I get those sweet sweet traffic notifications :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not obsessive about it, but yeah use it for anonymity most days on a handful of sites.

Also grabbed an account with these guys: https://www.azirevpn.com/ for their WireGuard VPN service. Liking it a lot more than OpenVPN, just need some better clients and mobile support before I can switch everything over.

1 Like

no reddit in Indonesia. best government ever :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am running Wireguard on a hetzner vps, using it on my mobile when I’m connected to a shady wifi.

I think I would leave it running all the time if my phone’s kernel had the module built-in and not using the Go userland thingy (which drains the battery like crazy).

2 Likes

Lol. For those that do this: Remember to use multiple free VPNs as well, so your traffic can be monitored/modified by multiple people at once :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can vouch for Azire, I’ve been using them for the past ~2 years and their service has been pretty solid.

2 Likes

Thankyou, imnsa.