Web Hosting Control Panels

With the recent news of cPanel’s pricing scheme, what panel do you guys prefer?

• Ajenti
  • BlueOnyx
  • CentOS Web Panel
  • cPanel
  • DirectAdmin
  • Froxlor
  • HestiaCP (VestaCP Fork)
  • ISPConfig
  • Kloxo-MR
  • OVIPanel
  • Plesk
  • Sentora
  • TinyCP
  • Vepp
  • VestaCP
  • Webmin

0 voters

2 Likes

Debian Apache structure.

wss@site:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled$ ls -1 | wc -l
9 Likes

Debian, thx.

4 Likes

Voted on Webmin because that’s the only one I ever used besides cPanel… so… it’s a vote out of ignorance… of the sorts :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I remember someone created a thread on LET as he had built his own panel over the span of many years…I can’t for the life of me remember the name of it, though.

aaPanel?

1 Like

Nope. It wasn’t aaPanel.

It was called apnscp

4 Likes

That’s the one! Thanks :slight_smile: It’s too late to add it to the poll unfortunately.

No worries.

I’ve got a licence for it somewhere. Might have to give it another whirl and see how it goes. Never really got time to test throughly back in Feb as too busy, still busy but will have to find some time

1 Like

Anyone used Hestia?

1 Like

I know a few people around here have recommended it. I tried it out, but it lacks a file manager which is a shame. Personally I use a heavily modified version of VestaCP. I certainly wouldn’t recommend using it as-is (VestaCP, that is).

1 Like

Previously used Vesta and really liked how simple it was as a panel, real shame about the problems they had. I haven’t used it since. Vesta didn’t include a file manager and was sold as an add on if I remember correctly.

CyberPanel is interesting as it’s funded by Litespeed themselves. Depending on how they want to go they could heavily fund the project and have a quick growth due to the amount of hosts using Litespeed already

1 Like

Vesta’s core issue is its poor security (hence why the version I’m running is heavily modified).

I really wanted to like CyberPanel, but it was too buggy and lacking features when I last tried it. I’m sure it’s in a better state now, though. I know it’s being actively developed, so I’m sure it’s in good hands.

1 Like

Thought the poll was multi choice… nope :smile:

Yeah, I realised it wasn’t after the edit period unfortunately :sweat_smile:

Direct Admin, bit weird but quite familiar. It does give me the free-host 2008 era vibes but if it’s functional and secure I don’t see why not.

1 Like

Froxlor… yep

1 Like

not sure if CyberPanel is considered a Web Hosting specific panel

apnscp looks really good. Needs custom billing integration but really nice.

2 Likes