Solus IO Pricing

What will you do? Thoughts?

Edit: Cost is 5 euros monthly per core, or around $5.50

Imagine a 32 core threadripper. That’s $10/mo from solusvm to around $175

2 Likes

I guess the low end market will either need their own panels or keep running old software.

Anyone think eventually WHMCS will be based on per account? Like $0.1/mo per account like cPanel? Oakley is really screwing up the low end market with these…

Thoughts?
VM = Proxmox (GPL)
Host = Virtualmin (GPL)
Billing = Boxbilling / Blesta (Very cheap)

I thought whmcs already charges per user?

Isn’t it block amounts like 250 though? Or did they change?

1 Like

“Pulling a cPanel” becomes an industry standard soon…

1 Like

You can get an unlimited whmcs license for $50 per month or something.

Solus.io is a separate product though. So really, you can stay with SolusVM for the original cost (until it inevitably goes up haha).

Played around with the trial of solus.io, seems like nothing special. Just a reskin. Time will tell though!

1 Like

Ahh I see, they have an unlimited pricing. I just hope they never mess with my lifetime license.

2 Likes

If you want to be out of more money we can fer sure place a wager.

1 Like

Perhaps the owner were someone that have deep grudge towards low end business…

2 Likes

Hi all,

I have been in conversation with Plesk to get possible reseller prices for selective group hosters.

If you are interested you can join the community group:

2 Likes

Why?
Plesk is owned by the same guys that own cPanel, right? what is expected to happen in the future other than a not so subtle wallet rape, regardless of whatever pricing they agree to now.

1 Like

Do anything you can to buy time now if you’re stuck with their products. No time like the present to start working toward independence.

It’s a shame no one is going to swoop in and take this market. I mean, for market strength it’ll be a lot better for everyone to have custom solutions of their own so no one entity controls it, but that there’s a clear indication of an impending gap and no apparent effort to fill it is a shame. Seems as though all of us who recognize it are lacking the budget or skill to try to fill that gap and make bank for doing it.

3 Likes

It is also just begging for a large open source project to be created, with a foundation to back it, funded by likeminded hosts.

3 Likes

There is HestiaCP :stuck_out_tongue:

And Virtualmin too
That’s what I use :slight_smile:

1 Like