Quick Q&A Thread

Pi 4

1 Like

One good GPU or two medium/okayish GPUs?

1 Like

One good

1 Like

echo of course

2 Likes

What’s an acceptable ticket wait time before reaching out on other mediums?

That Mitchell and Webb Look.

1 Like

Depends on the problem.

Tastes great or less filling?

Restoring a Proxmox VM from a qcow2 (or any) image… good, bad, or ugly?

Would rather not spend the time waiting for multiple 200GB+ VMs to be compressed and backed up. From what I’ve read, just replacing a VM’s image with an existing one (of the same size) should work. Has anyone tried this before?

For posterity sake –

This worked perfectly fine on the few Linux VMs I did this for (with the largest having a 350 GB disk). My one Windows box had a couple issues, which I think I’ve mostly corrected (had to make the SMBIOS uuid match the old VM and change the disk label match the original VM’s label [ide0]). Windows machine is currently stuck doing updates for a long time, but it should recover eventually. Wasn’t booting at all prior to making the couple aforementioned changes. If it doesn’t recover, then it’s not the end of the world as it as just a remote desktop with nothing too important on it :slight_smile:

Edit: Windows update nonsense is done; machine boots; all files are intact; very nice, great success!

3 Likes

Blesta Modules, who what where?

I only ever used Blesta for cPanel hosting or virtualizor vps reselling so these were the onls modules I used. Also the ISPConfig modules.

I only recently found out about Windows feature to display multiple (different) desktops between which you can switch? When switching between desktops will programms/tasks opened on them be freezed or continue operating in the background while I’m using another desktop?

Also can you orden your icons differently on each desktop?

Consider them as virtual monitors, so:

1. The programs will be kept running
  2. Dunno, try yourself.
1 Like

They’ll continue operating. And no, it doesn’t seem to be possible to sort them individually.

1 Like

Thx guys <3 Love you guys and this thread!

1 Like

Simon or Garfunkel ?

Left or right handed?

Mech kb or nicht mechanical?

French or German?

German right-handed Garfunkel, virtually mechanical.

2 Likes

Cher or Peter cetera?

I want a cat, but building don’t allow it. Don’t plan to move. Any solution ?