Project Ideas

Yo i have some small project i have been wanting to create but due to no time couldn’t make it happen.

Who’s up for some website that has database of badhosts w/reviews.

Sure, I can try to make one. But I’m quite busy till next February : (

I’ve been thinking of something like this. If atleast a portion of people here are interested, I would definitely love to build one.

2 Likes

Wordpress with some plugins or custom build?

Custom build

2 Likes

It’s been a while I’ve refreshed my python so I’m looking for some ideas for projects I can do. Perhaps some small utility or software you are looking for?

Would be open source ofc if not hosted!

E: thanks @Wolveix didn’t remember this thread existed

3 Likes

A Web GUI for remotely installing LGSM gameservers from one Panel :stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe even update them all at once etc.

Right now I’m doing this using MobaXTerm SSH multiple ssh connections open at the same time but a web gui could be nice.

3 Likes

Doesn’t Pterodactyl do that? :stuck_out_tongue:

It does…sorta… I’m using Pufferpanel to that end. Was just thinking some super simple panel just to do that deployment remotely.

I’ll have a look. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Already got that… Northern is my selfmade Gameserver panel.
Sadly its older then Night-Sky, would need some rework + no CI, so I wont release it.

In the past I have written 2 gameserver panels, but mainly for scrds gameservers.
But I can do recommend https://easy-wi.com/

Well, https://pterodactyl.io/ is from my view a lot bloated.
With Docker and all the dependencies… wont use it.

2 Likes

Easy Wi is often used by germans I believe. I already knew about it however never really got into it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I need to sort backups (saw Mason mention recently). Want to get source backed up locally, copied to a storage server and another copy to gdrive/localdrive. That’s a project that I don’t wanna finish until I get some personal drives.

I also want to customise the DirectAdmin login page at the VERY least or just fuck about with some different customisations.

1 Like

A module for ERPnext to be compliant with Portuguese regulations.
Do that, and I’m sure you can start a bizz on top of it.

1 Like

A Borg backup UI? I know there was one in the works, unsure on its status. A central place to manage and list Borg backups would be great, with notifications if a backup hasn’t run for x days.

2 Likes

Sorry, not really sure about what portuguese regulations it doesn’t comply with. Can you tell me more?

Backup system sounds interesting. Thanks! <3

1 Like

In order to comply with the PT regulations it must;

1. Not allow for invoices to be deleted once issued.
  2. Print a specific hash to each invoice invoice. Basically its a formula that garantees that if I print an invoice then somehow circunvent the program and delete it (ie. directly in the DB) and then generate a new invoice with the same invoice number, the state can still catch me because there’s no way to print the same exact hash code to the new invoice. So I can mimic everything BUT the hash final code.
  3. Be able to export data to a XML file, with a specific schema, and filter by date (i.e. export March Data) The file must include the following data.
  • Client Invoice details (#, client name, client address, product/services sold, quantities, prices, discounts, pre-tax total amount, total taxes, invoice total).
  • Supplier Invoice details
  • Stock

That’s basicall it.
Bonus points for programs that are able to upload the XML directly to the government Portal.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll check it out.

1 Like

I’m assuming this hash is then stored in your governments database? Else this makes no sense.

Not trying to derail from this thread, just curious.

The hash is also included in the XML (forgot to mention it).
For what I understand the Hash makes it impossible for an invoice number to be re purposed.

Here is what some comapnies used to do.
Generate invoice number 23
Deliver the goods/services
Delete the invoice number 23
Generate a new invoice with the number 23

Rinse and repeat.

@jetchirag
Forgot to add that the invoices need to autoincrement. ERPnext currently allows you to reset the invoice number to whatever number you want, whenever you want, even multiple times per day/year/whatever that fails certification.
In Portugal invoice numeration goes like this.

• You can have several series
  • The first invoice of the year/serie sets the autoincrement.

So let’s say that I decide to have two series and I name them serie A and serie B.
Come 1st of January and I decide that Serie A will start at 1000000500 and serie B at 1000450, the fiscal authority doesn’t realy fancy not starting at 0 but they go with it. Whoever from that moment on, the program cannot allow me to change the number/reset it/whatever, from that moment on each new invoice number is incremented by 1.

And the hash needs to be exported with the XML.

@Solaire
The fiscal authority monitors us like hawks. By us I mean SMB’s, the big boys get it easier. For example, the BIG boys are allowed to develop their own inhouse invoice systems with laxed regulations. SMBs need to aquire a program from someone that went thru the trouble of certifying the program.

@jetchirag if you’re up for it, I’m up for getting the certification done. We sure need alternatives in the market. As it is, SMB’s are rapped by ongoing contracts for programs that don’t do much more that simple invoicing.
Something like ERPnext in our market goes for several thousands per month. Because the current practice here is to bill per module & user.
So invoicing costs X$/user per month or year (depends if SaaS or in premises with maintenance contract which in practice is obligatory because of the XML schema updates)
Stock another X$/user per user per month or year
Suppliers invoices entry another x$/User per user per month or year
Client CC another x$/user per user per month or year
human resources another x$/user per user per month or year
POS another module…
Manufacture another module…
Support anothe rmodule…
** Project Management* Another module
Bundled products Another module
…and so it goes… Ad nauseam

Some SaaS lure people in with limits like 10 invoices per month, next tier X per month, and so on…

So the vast majority of SMBs cannot afford something like ERPnext.

1 Like