Plex People, do you use PlexAMP?

I had some issues with initial import/scans not reading tags properly (all my files are tagged properly, did quite some cleanup years ago). But my issues might be from rclone settings in my Plex early days … :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Plexamp rules! The best feature is the ‘sweet fades’ because I hate long pauses between songs on other services. Spotify was OK with their cross fade, but it was really based on the number of seconds between songs. PlexAmp does a much better job. The app works great. I have a huge library of songs I have built up over the years and I see no reason to pay a subscription to buy the same music I have already bought in many different formats over the years. It did take me awhile to get everything named the way Plex likes it, but after that it has been very good.

3 Likes

I use Plexamp and love it. Uploaded a bunch of CDs I’ve ripped over the years, and now I can access them from anywhere. I have a 10TB storage VPS and a regular NVMe VPS with HostHatch, mounted the storage onto the NVMe VPS via NFS, and run Plex on it.

Plex can use a lot of CPU when you add new music (for its “sonic analysis” to determine similarity between songs, and loudness analysis to equalize volume), but I run it in Docker and limit it to maximum 50% CPU usage (50% of one core) and it’s working fine. It barely uses any CPU during regular use.

There’s a radio show I listen to that uploads their broadcasts to Soundcloud… I wrote a small app to download MP3s from Soundcloud and properly tag them (GitHub - Daniel15/Downcast: Basic downloader for podcast-style feeds, eg. from Soundcloud or iTunes.), and also have a shell script that tells Plex to rescan.

3 Likes