HTML/Bootstrap Sitebuilder Demo - Feedback Welcome

So, I was thinking about offering Architect Site Builder from Codecanyon for free to some of my clients along a Web Hosting plan. I have played around with it a bit myself a while back and actually preferred Mobirise (software) but it would still be great to get some feedback regarding this self hosted Sitebuilder anyway :slight_smile:

Registration is currently disabled so PM me/post here if you are interested and I’ll gladly provide you with a login. You’ll be able to export&use any websites you created with the Sitebuilder :wink:

Main questions I am interested in:

1.) How long did it take you to create a “useable” page (not whole website but let’s say 1 page you would be “satisfied” enough with to be using on some project)?

a) 1-30 minutes
b) 30-60 minutes
c) Longer

2.) Would you think this Sitebuilder make a good “freebie” addon for any clients that don’t want to use WordPress for their websites?

3.) How intuitive would you rate the Sitebuilder out of /10 ? *

4.) Feel free to post screenshots of the sites you created here :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Ympker

@Unixfy Wanna give it a try?

1 Like

Sure, why not :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’d be happy to test it and give you feedback
Send me an account for me to abuse and I’ll do it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

PMed you^^

No nudes please.

2 Likes

Thanks to @Unixfy quick feedback there seem to be some internal role permission issues going on and some possibly server related file permissions that need to be corrected. Since I’m away over the weekend I’ll fix this next week so please bear with me :slight_smile: You can still apply to sign up but I’ll fix things first before giving mroe ppl access.

Could I have an account please.

1 Like

Sure, once I’ve fixed things :slight_smile:

1 Like

I played around with the envato demo, I like it, I didn’t create a whole site but first impressions are good!

For general clients, it seems good.

What’s the behind-the-scenes differences vs mobirise and others? Is it lighter?

1 Like

It appears to be more light-weigth and you could offer it as a free saas (think e.g. a free add-on to your hosting) for your clients with the regular envato license (39$). When you wanna use the built-in billing module (to charge your clients foe exporting a website or smth simialr) you need to buy the extended license.

1 Like

The Sitebuilder is up and running now :wink: Fixed most issues.

Creating a new site using one of the themes works without issues.
Starting from a “Blank page” via the respective button triggers a “you don’t have permisson…” warning. When you keep hitting the “Create” button regardless for 5-6 times it will work :slight_smile:

If you don’t want to use any of the premade themes and start with a blank page you can alternatively also browse the themes for the theme that is called “Blank page”. I created it to make it easier than dealing with the issue mentioned above.

Public access to the created websites and FTP upload of your sites to another server has been disabled for security reasons. You can download all sites you create as a ZIP file still :slight_smile:

All previous accounts were deleted (non working anyway). I have PMed everyone who requested demo access with new credentials!

1 Like

Please pm me your e-mail to proceed :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys! Keep it coming :slight_smile:

I like it for a basic page builder. I have had a bit of a play with it and it’s easy to use, there are some UX oddities, but I think if I was coming at page builders as a novice you wouldn’t notice it. Every system has its oddities!

I think it would be ideal for someone on a basic hosting package, you’d be able to get up and running quickly.

I admit I didn’t try to build more than one page with it, but it seemed to function nicely for sections so I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work.

Overall, I think it would be a brilliant value add for most basic users :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hehe thanks for the feedback :slight_smile: That’s also what it was intended to. There are multiple pagebuilders availble for advanced users or those that know their way around like Mobirise, Pingendo, Pinegrow… you name it but for a basic hosting addon I always thought it might be a great value add :wink:

The fact that this thing still uses mcrypt makes me wonder just how usable the code it produces is. FrontPHPage?

Since it’s just meant to be a simple sitebuilder for basic users I don’t think that’ll be too much an issue. After all the avg. pages created with this sitebuilder would be a couple MB in size and regardless whether it’s high quality code or not would probably load swiftly on your avg. LiteSpeed powered Shared Hosting Reseller :slight_smile: Still, part of why I am inviting people to test this is because that’d be something interesting to know. Performance and code output that is.

I need to make a couple simple nearly-single-page sites. If you don’t mind me exporting them, I’d be happy to give it a go.

1 Like

Sure thing. Also don’t hesitate to provide negative feedback. Everything is fine tbh. As things stand won’t adapt the pagebuilder, really. It’s all about whether it’s useable to some extent - that is to say clients would be able to use it in a way that makes it worth implenting it - or not :slight_smile:

PMed ya^^