Decent Laptops with Touch Screen For Drawing?

Can vouch. Just bought an Apple Pencil to accompany my iPad – pretty excited! :slight_smile:

Edit: To clarify, this was after I tried it out in store. It’s so f*cking smooooooth.

2 Likes

I love my surface go with the surface pen. It’s an incredible little device and no other windows tablet comes close in terms of price.

@Jarland had one for a while.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the Samsung Galaxy tab.

1 Like

It was quite nice. Though for drawing I’d much prefer an iPad with Apple Pencil. It no longer requires the iPad Pro model. My new iPad Mini works with my first gen Apple Pencil. The relationship there between the pencil, the device, and the software is one that was carefully crafted for production work. Low latency, great pressure sensitivity, etc.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Will pass it on :wink:

Btw if the budget doesn’t cut it for something that really does the job well: GoFundMe and link it up.

Always happy to pitch in.

2 Likes

That’s very kind of you mate, but I wouldn’t feel good about accepting this. We’ll talk a bit more tomorrow about what her exaxt goals/expectations would be and see where we go from there :slight_smile: I’ll keep you posted; as always!

Have a good weekend everyone!

2 Likes

Hmm… Take a look at Lenovo Yoga. They are using touch screens made by Wacom and it’s possible to buy an additional pen. They are way cheaper than any Microsoft Surface. Obviously the pen is not as good as Surface ones or iPad one, but since your girlfriend already has a Wacom tablet she can use it when she needs precise accuracy.

E: Where are you from? So I can look up the prices in your local area. A link to a shop might be useful too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll have a look :slight_smile:
Germany^^

This: Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR, Ryzen 5 2500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, DE (81H9003VGE) | Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland
Plus the pen: https://www.amazon.de/Lenovo-Active-Pen-mit-Batterie/dp/B075NNH64C/

It’s definitely way more powerful than Surface Go and has fingerprint scanner. Downside is that it’s a bit heavier (1,6kg).

1 Like

Will show this option to her tomorrow :slight_smile: Thanks!

There is no tablet/touch display on the market (apart from Wacom) that compares to the iPad + Apple Pencil.

Trying it was a life changing experience.

/s

1 Like

Update: She actually decided to go with the Yoga 530-ARR recommended by @MrPsycho :slight_smile:

She is well aware that an iPad Pro might have been better at drawing but overall (also using it as a laptop) she has now decided on the Yoga. In fact, she would’ve opted for the surface due to lack of drawing reviews for the Yoga, but yesterday I found out that a friend of mine owns a Yoga 520 (one generation before the one she is buying) and therefore she was able to test her drawing software and the touch display for a couple hours. Since she was satisfied she opted for the Yoga now :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone for the help! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My wife recently got a Lenovo Yoga C930… Seems like a really nice 2-in-1 laptop. She hasn’t used it as a tablet much, though. May be outside the price range though - Here in the USA it was US$1149 for a model with an Intel i7-8550U, 12 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD.

She actually ordered the Yoga 530-ARR now :slight_smile:
Personally, I’ve also made good experiences with Lenovo Laptops.

Yeah, Lenovos are really nice! I use a ThinkPad X1 Extreme at work, with 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD and a 4K screen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For drawing…

Bough one for my daughter, and it’s pretty nice.

2 Likes

Gf uses PaintTool Sai. Website looks like from the 90s but apparently it’s being used by many other artists.