Crowdfunding to Help a Dog We Just Got

Shi is right; I agree completely with xim.

Did you just assume its multigender?

You forgot an apostrophe.

No I didn’t, silly goose. It’s = it is/has.

2 Likes

I’d figure a PHP guy to get those wrong, not Python.

Thank you so much!!!

@Miguel we want more pics!

1 Like

I will take another one when we buy the toys.
Here you go, all pics we have, some are duplicate. We cant get too close to her.

She is mixed breed with Sharpei. Their attitude is… Tough. She hasnt had love for her whole life. 4 years…

We never adopted a dog other than our Steve, so we dont have much experience dealing with aggressive dogs. Though we couldnt let her alone. Its a tough challenge, nobody wants aggressive dogs. We do think that all she needs is love. We have been next to her and she shakes a lot, I see some happiness already. But opening the cage is a big no for now.

The dog couch is coming here at 7pm, roughly 3 hours left. We have given her Steves bed since he didnt want it, its a large bed and she slept there tonight :). Looks comfortable!

1 Like

We would like to thank @Mason for his donation, its enough to buy her quite a few toys. We imagine she never had toys to play with, how can a dog like this be happy…?

4 Likes

She’s going to need to learn how to trust all over again. Mine was quite a bit smaller, but she still thought, and acted like she was a wild dog.

Once I had her calm enough to trust me to feed her, and be near her, I started by giving her a gentle brush of the muzzle with the back of my palm to show I meant no harm- don’t get grabby right away.

It took about 3 weeks of full (indirect) attention, but we ended up cuddled up on the couch together, and she’s been my shadow ever since.

Make sure she knows that Steve is the alpha, and he does too- it should help aleviate some of her fear and anxiousness.

6 Likes

Thank you for the advice. That makes sense and we will follow it.

Steve is a smaller dog and he is afraid of her haha. Not sure if she isnt the alfa here? :grin:

@Razza, we would like to thank you for your donation. We are heading to the dogs store and buy her some toys with yours and Mason donation. The donations will be posted here unless you want to be anonymous regarding the amount of the donation. In two donations however we are able to buy toys and start saving for chip and vaccines!

1 Like

That may be the case, but it usually helps with personality issues by having them NOT be the alpha. I know she also needs to be locked up as she is, but that’s not going to help her long term to stay behind a cage. Of course, these are early days. Good luck with your new furson.

3 Likes

Yep. Right now she needs to stay in the cage. She is too dangerous. It will take some time but eventually she will be inside our house.

Guys, with @Mason and @Razza’s donations we were able to buy basic items she needs…

Total received in donations, roughly 66 EUR, total spent 66,15 EUR.

She needs a Serestos (collar for fleas and ticks), vaccines, chip, so any incoming donations will be saved for that.

Thank you, amazing people! :heart:

7 Likes

She thanks you for the new toy. Next week I will give her the ball, a toy we bought good for her teeth.

She has a training and leash collar, not the right time to put it on yet. Its impossible to approach her.

When I leave her she starts crying. I bet all this dog needs is love, but again, sharpei arent the easiest to deal with. Its a big challenge we accepted.

1 Like

She had a surgery hence that big thing around her neck, not intrusive, she was sterilized. She has an ID Card which I am getting where I can see all her vaccines. Due to her aggressive behaviour, she took a single vaccine. Though I do know its possible to give her a pill so she can sleep while they put the chip, vaccines and so on. This dog needs to be healthy and we will do our best to do the best for her.

Dude, send me you bank# and I’ll deposit a few € next week.
Btw, contact some veterinarians, some will do discounts when you’re saving an animal other won’t.

A friend of my sis saved a street cat, and found a veterinarian that did everything (vacines, some meds cause the cat is ill and full of flees and sterilized the cat) for €40. We think that the veterinarian simply billed the cost of the stuff he used, for sure didn’t bill a minute of his time nor the stuff at retail price.

2 Likes

We just got another donation. Dennis, Brixly.uk CEO has donated 100 GBP for Gucci. This translates to roughly 115.50 EUR.
I am updating the post above. We do not yet know the expenses. I have asked the vet to get us all the costs.

2 Likes