cPanel Solo License Reseller?

HestiaCP the Vesta fork has fixed security though. Quite the good alternative

1 Like

It’s a shame that it doesn’t have a file manager or Softaculous support, though.

1 Like

Well they want to FIX it, so… shit godda go.

2 Likes

Maybe a file manager from awesome selfhosted could be used or you could request it in issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

Am aware vesta security history is bad, am still using it, I got vesta admin user disabled for SSH login, only my home IP is allowed on the firewall to the panel it only running when I want to use it.

I know I should move to other panel but haven’t got around to it.

so, in the end, this is all I have lol

too bad my simple quest went on with people shaming vesta

cPanel licenses cannot be resold. These need to be purchased directly in the cPanel store, no discounts apply as well! :slight_smile:

Cpanel prices increase… plenty of good free alternatives in this thread !

1 Like

So, over all which replacement is best for cpanel lovers? I am thinking about getting a dedicated CPU Linode in India to give hosting to friends and family. Do I need reseller account from them?

Also, which one has good file manager too?

DirectAdmin

1 Like

How about Virtualmin GPL or their pro edition?

For production?

Yes, I am supporting a friend open cpanel hosting company in India with Linode.

But he says cpanel is a must as new bloggers won’t settle for anything else. Do you think it is good or can we do something with Directadmin too? What would be a better option?

We need something as simple as cpanel. If it is cpanel only, which kind of license should I buy?

Why not DirectAdmin? :slight_smile:

DirectAdmin

Unfortunately cPanel has made offering the solo license very unattractive for providers. In order to offer the solo license you must agree to a “bundling agreement” that states you will include cPanel Solo with every server you sell at no cost. If the end user chooses they do not want cPanel Solo the price of the server must remain the same even though not having cPanel solo on the server reduces the providers cost by $10/month. So by signing the bundle agreement you are forced to either artificially increase your server prices by $10 to cover the cost of including Solo free of charge OR you can choose to keep your prices the same and eat $10 when an end user does choose Solo on their server. Either way, forcing customers to choose anything was a non-starter for us and my assumption is most hosting providers will come to the same conclusion. This “bundle agreement” was made far less palatable when considering the full context of cPanel’s actions over the last month.

3 Likes

I think I would go with ISPconfig or Virtualmin for starters.

1 Like

Can anyone help me setup ISPconfig with Pydio file manager on Linode VM?

I will get base dedicated CPU one.

This is precisely what’s going to force VPS providers into not offering the product as a subsale.

1 Like

cPanel Solo for NOC partner is available after 1st of September. but only available for internal license