cPanel Change in Pricing

So I have it on good authority that Hivelocity is about to take some significant hits to make cpanel licensing friendly:

1-500 accounts = $32
500-1000 accounts = $65

That’s pretty generous and at least for my purposes forces me to recalculate the value in their pricing.

That’s the kind of action that could drive providers to do more than just mirror the new pricing structure.

5 Likes

licenses

4 Likes

CPanel price increase is a good thing in the grand theme of crap.

It’s bad news for those zombie hosts that follow templates though cuz, in September, their template will no longer work.

1 Like

I agree that the cPanel fiasco has been a good thing for me at least. Before this, I never looked past cPanel but since the announcement I found DirectAdmin and I’m loving it.

2 Likes

They have a press release coming out tomorrow :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/HIVELOCITY/status/1156635992725606401?s=20

4 Likes

Hivelocity has just announced our FLAT RATE PRICING model for cPanel going forward.

Up to 500 Accounts- $32
501 to 1000 Accounts - $65

3 Likes

Has anyone seen any hosts or license resellers offering the $0.10 per account over 100 pricing? It seems buycpanel is going to charge $0.20, I’m guessing that’s their profit on those.

Final numbers if I go with $45 + 0.20 per account, as of right now:

From $3,780 to $14,124 per year.

If I get $0.10 per account after 100, that’s only $9,492 per year. Still huge, but a lot of savings in comparison.

sounds like you are somewhere around 4k accounts? maybe move complete nodes to @HIVELOCITY if that’s technically feasible? even if you need 6 or 8 nodes+license that might be cheaper in the end?
I am sure they are willing to help with the migration…

1 Like

He’s running his custom MX on it. Even if he reroutes his IP space, it’s going to suck ass.

1 Like

yeah I was afraid something like that would be in the way… maybe approach cpanel directly for a partners agreement then to at least get the better pricing?
and also don’t be afraid to ask your clients for a buck or two more per year and account to let them help cover the costs - I am pretty sure most of your user-base is reasonable and willing to stay anyway.

QuickPacket never makes money on licenses - we’ve always passed licenses along basically at or just above cost to account for payment processing fees.

We can only offer licenses internally, so you’ll have to move over to us if you want to take advantage of the lower pricing.

2 Likes

How are these internal licenses vended? Hopefully with a nice dinner and dancing first?

1 Like

@WSS

The theme this year is Chippendales and unlimited Rice-a-Roni.

I’m pretty sure you will have the evening of your life :dancing_men: :dancing_men: :crazy_face: /:rice:

2 Likes

Does it come with a file manager like cpanel? I didn’t see it in the demo. I am looking for options.

1 Like

It doesn’t come with one, but any file manager that supports FTP authentication should work. Apparently there is Pydio support, but I’m not sure if that still works. See https://www.howtoforge.com/using-pydio-in-an-ispconfig-3-multiserver-installation

Alright. Do you think Virtualmin pro or Virtualmin is too bad for new users? It would help us lower the cost of hosting and focus on the services instead.

Personally I wouldn’t buy if it comes with Virtualmin, but I’m not your typical customer. DirectAdmin is your only sane choice at this point and maybe ISPConfig but that’d have to come in cheap.

Can we buy it for using it on other providers from them? Or just with their own servers?

Okay, so ISPconfig is not bad? Also, the 29 USD monthly DA license include everything for a VM, like unlimited domains and accounts [user] ? or how do you it work?