Brainstrom: 7.50 a TB

I know these days you got a lot of cloud providers to choose from, google, apple, buyvm. But what are you guys thinking about euro 7.50 a tb storage? Would this be something to be interested about? connection wise, i was thinking about running nextcloud ontop of it. this would give you webdav to access your data. the data would be mirrored on a second server as a backup. So even if there is a hardware failure all data will be there. might even go a different layout that caches much more, so lots of data that is accessed a lot will be even quicker.

Anyone in for this? And would spent 7.50 a TB or are you guys more like. there is enough already.

• no, we have enough
  • yes! 1 TB pls
  • yes! 2 TB pls.
  • yes! 5 TB pls
  • Other (comment bellow)

0 voters

ZXHostā€¦ Never Again!

2 Likes

was not planning on anything like that :slight_smile: also its a brainstorm, see if there is any market also know as market research, something a summer host never does :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, not really, since i can get 1 tb for ~ā‚¬3 at Hetzner, but surely thereā€™s someone that could make use of this.

Where?

Their storage box with 1TB is ā‚¬7-8 / month.
Perhaps price per tb if you get a real storage server/serverbidding. But then youā€™ll end up paying more than ā‚¬7/month in total.

OVH ARMs are about $3 per TB. BuyVM should be going beta with their $5 per TB addon to their VMs soon.

Tough competition

1 Like

you be lucky if you get 3 -4 mbit with those arms, and buyvm you will need a vps for that, + a lot of diy :slight_smile:

It seems cheap storage on LET is around $5/TB.

Some offers, just for reference:

• Wishosting has a 1.8TB KVM for $8.99
  • UltraVPS does ā‚¬5/TB on their 2TB storage VMs
  • Hetzner does <ā‚¬5/TB (exc VAT) on the larger storage boxes (2TB and above)
  • LetBox 20GB NVMe + 1TB block storage for $7
  • HostHatch does the occasional offer of 1.5TB for $60/yr ($3.33/TB)

and as mentioned above BuyVM is coming with an offer of block storage for $5/TB.

Indeed tough competition.

The ARMs are nowhere near 3-4 mbit if you change the kernel, I have 5 of them. And according to Ponny boy, there wonā€™t be any DIY involved, and even if there is, I donā€™t care.

1 Like

Itā€™s just mounting a block storage volume, so mounting a drive. If someone canā€™t ā€˜diyā€™ that, then they donā€™t belong anywhere near a VPS.

And I agree re: Arm boxes. Have some limitations but can easily do 200Mbps by getting rid of the stock kernel.

1.9Gbps is hardly ā€œ3-4 mbitā€.

That is pretty decent indeed, So your saying you get 1.9 Gbps from those soyoustart HDD servers?

that I am

nice!