💸 Black Friday 2019 - Loads of Great Deals and Giveaways!

Thanks for the giveaways.

Getting everything in order for the giveaway drawing now. Giveaway results will be posted in an hour at (or around) 18:00 GMT (13:00 EST, 10:00 PST), you have till then to comment in this thread in order to be entered into the drawing.

Alternative winners will also be selected so that if a giveaway recipient doesn’t wish to claim their prize, it’ll go to the next person in the list. Prizes can be swapped between winners if they both agree prior to reaching out to the providers (let’s try and keep the strain on providers to a minimum here and not turn it into a chaotic swap meet). Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

22 Available Prizes
62 Participants (so far)

35% chance of being a winner.

2 Likes

drumroll :wink:

Still no Ryzen. :frowning: I give up.

Black Friday 2019 - Giveaway Winners

A huge thank you goes out to all the providers that offered up giveaway prizes in support of the Black Friday festivities on HostBalls this year (@Dedispec, @HostDoc, @Andrei, @Miguel, and @FHR). We had a ton of awesome deals posted to our forum this year and lots of great discussion! Special thanks to @Wolveix for putting the BF19 thread together and building the deal index as the sales were posted and shared.

Without further ado, the BF19 Giveaway winners are…

Winners of @Dedispec’s $25 Credit

1. @beagle
  2. @FlamesRunner
  3. @WSS
  4. @Barry
  5. @donny

Winners of @HostDoc’s 1 Year VM Hosting

1. @simlev
  2. @mut
  3. @Mahogany
  4. @redbamboohouse
  5. @plumberg

VM Specs: 1vCore FS, 512MB RAM, 10GB HDD, 500GB BW, 1 IPv4

Winners of @Miguel (MyW)'s 2GB Shared Hosting (Lifetime Plan)

1. @Unixfy
  2. @root
  3. @vovler
  4. @John
  5. @cumi

Winners of @FHR (Skylon Host)'s €3 Coupons

1. @jetchirag
  2. @thirty
  3. @warrior
  4. @samm
  5. @flips
  6. ???
  7. ???

Must pass fraud check to claim

Giveaway Details

• To Claim Your Prize - If you’ve been selected to win a prize and wish to claim it, message the provider on HostBalls with “BF19 Giveaway Prize” in the message title (to keep things tidy).
  • Don’t Want Your Prize? - Just comment in this thread that you don’t have any intent to claim your prize. The prize will go to the next person (in-order) in the alternates list.
  • Want To Swap Your Prize? - Coordinate with another prize winner to swap your prizes, if it’s in both of your interests. To complete the swap, both must announce the prize swap within this thread so that it is publicly tracked/verified.

Alternate Winners List:

1. armandorg
  2. samm
  3. Hooligan
  4. imok
  5. wordpress
  6. Skander
  7. thirty
  8. beagle
  9. plumberg
  10. aa1516

Note: If alternate list is depleted, prizes can go to anyone who wishes to accept said prize.

15 Likes

3 Likes

congrats to all winners … amazing to see WSS wins something at last.

2 Likes

haha, I didn’t even realize that this thread also comes with a giveway :man_facepalming:t2::joy:

congrats to the wieners and big kudos to the participating providers!
and ofc thanks to @Wolveix and @Mason for handling all of it :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks @Miguel
Actually I was planning to buy the lifetime deal tomorrow morning, I guess I can spend that 10€ on something else :joy:

2 Likes

Congrats to all the winners! I will pass on my (Skylon Host)'s €3 Coupon though.

1 Like

Skylon Host coupon passes to @armandorg.

1 Like

Congrats to winners and thank you for the providers for the giveways!

And thank you @Mason and @Wolveix for organising the draw.:+1:

2 Likes

Hi! I wasnt aware i was part of a giveaway nor do i have any idea how i joined but thanks!

Would want to paas it away too.

1 Like

All commenters were automagically entered :slight_smile:

Coupon passes to @samm.

New rule: Once/if the alternate winners list is depleted, prizes can go to anyone who wishes to accept said prize.

I didn’t even realize I was taking part in a giveaway. Right now I still have my free Lunanode credit to eat up, so it is fair to say, someone else can have my prize :slight_smile: Thanks though!

1 Like

One of the Skylon Host coupon passes to @Hooligan

3 Likes

As much as I respect @FHR, I need another VPS like I need another hole in my head.

I’d love to try it out, but I’m not going to waste his time for something I’m probably not going to keep.

@Mason, maybe you should stack these together and can yourself a new python dev box. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Probably for the best… we’ve been trying to plug the gaping one in the front of your head for awhile now to no avail.

Heh, I’ve restrained myself heavily this year since I’m actively trying to consolidate all my shit. Ended up not buying a single server even though there were quite a few tempting offers.

Coupon passes to @imok. Get yourself a nice 512MB KVM for a month in CZ for freeeeee! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Random comment for small chance of winning