Any Good Free Email Hosting?

@uptime I don’t know what you just did. Could you please rephrase it for me in nutshell? And be lucid.

My aim was to know more free services for custom domain that are out there. Even if those are community based and not from commercial providers.

Every good software I got in life was free/libre only, they never asked me for any money. It doesn’t mean I never contributed to it financially, technically or in other ways.

Asking for a good free email hosting for your custom domain is not a bad thing in any way. If for some reason it is. Kindly delete this thread. I didn’t get enough suggestions than I knew already.

Thanks!

proton mail ?

1 Like

@decipher

in a nutshell: no

Custom domain is paid and it is so expensive. There are many other for 1 EUR a month, including beautiful offer by Mxroute.

Best free for custom domain that I have seen so far is inbox.eu for Europe and Yandex otherwise.

It is paid. I asked for custom domain. Someone changed the topic.

So setup your MX records to it and see if it works. It used to.

1 Like

Thanks for the contribution.

I see there are a lot of comments on here. I think you can summarise that there are no good free services. There are a few free ones but none of them good.

And some very good low cost options, personally I trust all my non-office 365 domains to MX Route, they aren’t free but are priced fairly for a service that I trust will be around a long time. They don’t limit the number of domains or accounts, so they could be free if you tagged them onto a paying account (if that makes sense) there aren’t many in the market place that offer that.

4 Likes

Not really. Inbox.eu is good, Yandex is awesome. Migadu’s free account does the job for people who mostly just receive email and only send once in a while.

Or your domain registrar, many of them offer lifetime free mailboxes, even more than one in a few cases. Gandi, OVH does.

Thread cleaned up, mostly back on topic.