AMD Epyc Benchmark - I need your feedback!

Hi!

We ran several benchmarks. No further tweaks were done. These benchmarks were meant to show you the performance you get with this baremetal server, out of the box. These tests took around 36 hours. I have not monitored the CPU clock for such a long time. From what I have seen it does seem to be working with turbo, when necessary. Its energy efficiency plays a very important role, limits when its not needed, and turbos when its maxing out.

1 Like

If you are referring to the latest CTS flaws, no, we have not. It does not make sense from our perspective. Anyone with root access to your server can do whatever they want. I personally followed their publications until yesterday, that is, when I decided that enough is enough. Their “exploits” were meant to ruin AMD’s stock market. It is pretty obvious. As a security researcher myself I find it a very low hit, as well as desperate attempt to gain attention and spread non sense news. Anything that requires root access is, by itself, a logical risk to be compromised.
We shall instead blame the IT focused news websites that considered it to be a flaw. Its not exactly a flaw. I did not see any PoC for Chimera. Until that is published I wont bother reading about their flaws. I am a man that likes facts, proofs.

2 Likes

Yeah could be. I’ll be investigating more on my end - for all i know when they mean all core turbo boost, they mean all physical and not all thread core turbo boost heh

yeah if you have root access, you’re already given them keys to the house so to speak

1 Like