20+ VPS Providers Close Down

Not sure what that has to do with this thread.

Nothing at all, but I just wanted to give you shit beyond using .Net for production code.

Great, I love being singled out.
.NET Core is probably one of the most production-ready stacks… I’ve had better luck with it in production vs Node.js.

Anyways, back on topic… I kinda feel sorry for people that have data on those providers but are away from their devices (eg. on vacation) and don’t see the email. It sucks getting back from vacation only to find that everything is broken.

1 Like

Could be. There were companies on the list that followed the pattern except for the private whois (they had public organization behind it.). The thing is I unless GoDaddy reveals the real owner, we can’t be 100% sure who the owner is or if they all are connected. Based on the data I think they are,but this is just my own opinion. Anyway, they had a lot of red flags and it is beyond me why people would buy from such a shady entity.

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s left to speculate.

Arkahosting? Vanity NS records on the same domain, A record == both vanity NS records, it’s a dropped domain that got parked and then recycled (check securitytrails, whoisrequest…) ~1 year ago, details hidden, at least one offered location is CC.
SupremeVPS? Vanity NS records on the same domain, A record == both vanity NS records, it’s a dropped domain that got parked and then recycled ~1 year ago, details hidden, at least one offered location is CC.
Umaxhosting? Vanity NS records on the same domain, A record == both vanity NS records until three months ago , it’s a dropped domain that got parked and then recycled ~1 year ago, details hidden, at least one offered location is CC
Hosting73? Vanity NS records on the same domain, same IPv4 for both vanity NS records, it’s a dropped domain that got parked and then recycled ~1 year ago, details are hidden, at least one offered location is CC
HostBRZ? Vanity NS records on the same domain, A record == both vanity NS records, it’s a dropped domain that got parked and then recycled ~1 year ago, details hidden, at least one offered location is CC
Kudohosting? Vanity NS records on the same domain, A record == both NS records, domain parked, then briefly set with vanity “kudoservers.net” NS, then parked and eventually recycled 1 year ago, details hidden, at least one offered location is CC
Hostedsimply? Vanity NS records on the same domain, A record == both NS records, domain dropped in 2014 then re-registered a couple of years ago and parked until ~ 1 year ago, details hidden, at least one offered location is CC
SnowVPS? Vanity NS records on the same domain, A record == one of the NS records, domain parked 'til ~1 year ago, details hidden, at least one offered location is CC
DCNhost? Vanity NS records on the same domain, A record == both NS records, parked 'til ~1 year ago, details hidden, at least one offered location is CC
Serverstrong? Vanity NS records on the same domain, A record == both NS records, parked 'til 1 year ago, details hidden, at least one offered location is CC
LQHosting? Vanity NS records on the same domain, A record == both NS records, parked 'til 1 year ago, details hidden, at least on offered location CC

Kayhosting (which is rumored to have deadpool too) is hosted on namecheap. Dropped domain re-registered as the others. A record == both NS records, like all the others. Hidden reg details and no corp info, like all the others. They offer(ed) hosting on CC boxes in at least one location.

Same goes for all the other domains (it’s not like I’m going to iterate the same thing 21~22 times, is it)

And, all those domains (and almost exclusively those domains) were “featured” on LEB, where offers are allegedly vetted. CC sponsored them with infrastructure and articles. They even repeatedly pushed them on twitter. Often, “reseller plans” were offered too. Price spikes a couple of months before BF were also observed.

Who in their sane mind would believe an excuse like “we did our vetting, they seemed legit, really” this round?

According to rumors, even Anise Aschenbach herself has said, once learned about CC:

f*ck this, they’re guiltier than O.J.

It’s up to the popo (I hope someone will start investigating IRL)

4 Likes

Just look in the source code of any of their webpages (I’ve checked hostbrz and hosting73). They are all using the same Google Analytics ID and are including the list of domains it’s valid for in the configuration:

gtag('config', 'UA-129769654-2');
  gtag('config', 'GA_MEASUREMENT_ID_2', {
    'linker': {
      'domains': ['UMaxHosting.com', 'SupremeVPS.com', 'HostBRZ.com', 'SparkVPS.com', 'BigFootServers.com', 'SolvedByData.com', 'N3Servers.com', 'MegaZoneHosting.com', 'KudoHosting.com', 'HostedSimply.com', 'WelcomeHosting.com', 'KayHosting.com', 'Hosting73.com', 'UpbeatHosting.com', 'LQHosting.com', 'SnowVPS.com', 'DCNHost.com', 'StrongHosting.com', 'ArkaHosting.com', 'ServerStrong.com', 'X4Servers.com', 'TCNHosting.com', 'SuperbVPS.com', 'VPSFortune.com', 'MyHostingSrv.com']
    }
  });
10 Likes

there are some names that didn’t pop up yet, like “VPSFortune.com
so the list is probably constituted by 25 domains

I forgot to check GA… it’s pretty incredible how shameless they are
Thanks for the hint!

2 Likes

Probably because they lack the knowledge and experience that you have.

All you really need is common sense (AKA rare sense) to avoid scam hosts.

That’s all there is, really.

I was advised to forward this along:

ColoCrossing learned over the weekend that a former client notified his customers that he was shutting down their service today, Monday, December 9. ColoCrossing had provided dedicated servers which were used to host this client’s content, and the content of this client’s customers. To help customers impacted by this former client, ColoCrossing is keeping the servers active for the next ten days so impacted sites can move their data to other providers. We will provide more information as it is available.

1 Like

Nick, by the way, is one of the nicest people you’ll meet. I expect he’s treated accordingly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @Jarland - hope all is well!

2 Likes

Please be advised that nick used the words “a former client”. This implies a singular party, as pointed out by all the others digging around in the dirt.

Given that this single client has had 84 posts on LEB in the 100 days leading up to black friday, I’m very concerned about the role of CC in this fiasco.

4 Likes

Please forward this too: THE END IS NEAR.

1 Like

Hi Nick. I’ve had some good personal conversations with you back when I was a LET mod, so I’ll try to keep this as mild as I can.

You say "client’ here, so I’m going to assume that you knew these 20+ provider accounts were owned and operated by the same individual going forward.

Why was a single person allowed to operate 20+ brands with Hudson Valley Host?

Why was this single person given near-exclusive advertising rights on LEB day-after-day over the course of many months, with each of their brands promoted time and again in quick sucession?

When Chris and company were warned of cPanel price hikes and the effects it would have on the providers under your umbrella (who promote unlimited cPanel account packages), the response was more or less “we’re not aware of any cPanel price increases at this time”. Was cPanel pricing the underlying reason why this cascading shutdown occurred?

How will LEB/CC prevent this from occurring in the future? Will multi-brand accounts still be allowed? Will a single person be granted exclusive advertisements rights (and accompanying patronage by CC) in the future?

After all this, I can only conclude one of two things. That all of this (including the 20+ brand services) were carried out by someone working at CC. Or CC has (almost malicious) apathy towards what happens on their platform using their resources as long as the revenue is there in the end. Both are pretty shitty, but please help me clarify which seems to be the case here.

Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

Hows it going Mason, long time no talk!

Sadly not much I can help you with there, this was a direct client of ColoCrossing from what I was told and my understanding of this, nothing to do with HudsonValleyHost as you mentioned where I spend my time (along with CVPS and the smaller brands we have around still).

I was just passed this from Deluxe to share with the communities however if I get anything else to pass along I will definitely update this thread.

4 Likes

Are you aware of any multi-brand stuff running from HVH then?

Edit: or CVPS that is.

Going good. Yeah man, hope you’re staying warm up there!

Ahh, I see this was a damage control response from Deluxe then.

It would be good to get a personal statement from yourself, Jon, and Chris on this matter, however. Deluxe probably has little to no knowledge about the inner workings within CC/HVH and its clients. With you guys managing the front lines, I’d like to know how this was permitted and allowed to happen (and was seemingly enabled by you guys) under your watch.

Specifically I’m interested in hearing more about how/why this one guy was able to take over LEB for these past several months pushing yearly-contracted services, then magically vanish.

3 Likes

Ah, sorry, I don’t buy it.

Anyways you should really look forward to improving the negative PR which CC has.

All this will lead to CC rebranding themselves and coming back with a new name like how Ecatel did as they lost every respect in the eyes of end clients. But people are smart now, it won’t help much.

It’s not really all within his scope either. Gotta put food on the table and do the best you can every day. At least for whatever anyone hates CC for, reasonable or not, Nick is one that’s hard to find fault in.

1 Like