HostBalls 2.0

Nice :smiley: Shame that it uses jQuery, but I think Discourse does anyway. If I host that on a CDN, I can link it a component and activate it on a theme :stuck_out_tongue: If there’s enough interest, I’ll rewrite it and do just that.

2 Likes

Yep, I just went with the same library as Discourse. Should be simple to create a pager since the current post and total number of posts are in the DOM as well.

JQuery is actually okay, it’s just that most of its user base has no clue on how to use it. But that’s a different discussion :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I disagree as I don’t like any form of unnecessary bloat :stuck_out_tongue: It’s simply not needed anymore in my opinion, but to each their own :slight_smile:

Edit: It definitely had it’s place a long time ago, but I feel that it’s been outgrown now.

1 Like

Well said, Mason.
+1 here

2 Likes

I do believe you’ve spoken. Thanks for indulging me and commenting on my wild thoughts. We’ll rebrand, but we won’t change. We’ll just be a little more approachable by those not already here, and we’ll retain the rest.

It isn’t untrue that Discourse is the most actively developed forum that isn’t of the “old” forum style (you know what I mean, but if you don’t, visit webhostingtalk). It isn’t just development either, it’s so little interaction on community forums about the other forums that makes it look like they could all be dead projects any day now. Yet Discourse grows in leaps and bounds. Dare I say that if you’re not using Discourse in 2020, have a plan to import to it.

I’m not locking the thread to kill conversation, I’m locking it so that my conclusion here isn’t lost in a few hours to the endless scrolling.

5 Likes