Avoid MXroute

They actually did really good there. The cPanel boxes all sent out to mail gateways that had one hostname each, a bunch of A records assigned to it, and it rotated which IP it sent out from. I actually borrowed from the theory behind it for MXroute. But then I found a blacklist that listed me just for having multiple A records for a hostname :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve never been a HG customer seem like they try to have good outgoing, a number of years back quite a number of hosts just used the server main IP even to this day some provider still do sending from one IP is a recipe for disaster eventually.

I take the blacklist that listed the IP for multiple A record is one of them small non important one that basically no one actually uses.

1 Like

4 Likes

I’ve been using MXroute for the last years. Hands down one of the best services I’ve paid for.
Configuration took less than 30 minutes and never had any issue as of date.

2 Likes

LOL!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Gee. this turned into an HG tread. :joy:
I loved HG until AIG bought it. Then all hell broke lose…

1 Like

No one wants to hear it but it would’ve been worse if EIG didn’t buy HG. They actually prolonged their time as a decent host.

1 Like

Isn’t that perfectly legal, having multiple IP addresses for the same hostname?

Well, everyone can do what they want. I’m not sure that blacklist was ever relevant anyway.

1 Like

mxroute is prem services but nice review lol

3 Likes

I really appreciate this review. I will definitely be avoiding MXroute and definitely not basing a portion of my income and business solely around them as an infrastructure provider. Really lucked out there, phew!

/s for those that need it :grin:

6 Likes

Every company now owned by Newfold Digital(EIG) was once a unicorn!

1 Like

I wish I would have seen this review before I renewed.
@Jarland can I get a refound ?
/necro

7 Likes

If only he had waited for ChatGPT, could’ve really turned this review around :joy:

4 Likes

Damn I was right lol

7 Likes

̶H̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶M̶X̶R̶o̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶ ̶U̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶e̶r̶m̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶e̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶i̶v̶e̶r̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶.̶
̶
̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶@̶J̶a̶r̶l̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.̶

EDIT: appearently an old post and I’ve already shown my support a couple comments before this :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Here is an screenplay by ChatGPT.

Title: MXRoute: The Spam Fighter

Fade in:

INT. MXROUTE HOME OFFICE - DAY

The camera shows JARLAND (40s), the owner of MXRoute, sitting in front of his computer looking worried.

JARLAND
(to himself)
I can’t believe this, I’m getting flooded with spam emails. I don’t know what to do.

He looks at the clock and gets up from his chair. He walks to his living room and pours himself a cup of coffee. He sits back in front of his computer and starts browsing the web.

CUT TO:

INT. HOSTBALLS FORUM - DAY

Jarland is browsing the HostBalls forum, a hosting forum, looking for a solution to his spam problem. He finds a thread about spam filtering and starts reading through the comments.

CUT TO:

Jarland is back at his computer, typing away. He’s implementing different solutions that he found on the forum. But none of them seem to work.

JARLAND
(to himself)
This is not working. I need to find a better solution.

CUT TO:

Jarland is browsing the forum again and sees a post by a user named IMOK (30s).

IMOK
(on the post)
I’ve had a similar problem and I found a solution that worked for me. I can share it with you if you want.

Jarland quickly messages Imok.

CUT TO:

Jarland is on a video call with Imok.

IMOK
(on the call)
The key to solving your spam problem is to use multiple layers of filtering. You need to use a combination of software and hardware solutions.

Jarland listens intently.

CUT TO:

Jarland is back at his computer, implementing Imok’s advice. He sets up multiple layers of filtering and starts testing them.

CUT TO:

Jarland checks his inbox and sees that the spam emails have decreased significantly.

JARLAND
(to himself)
It worked! Imok was right.

CUT TO:

Jarland posts on the thread thanking Imok for his help.

JARLAND
(on the post)
Thanks to Imok, I was able to solve my spam problem. I’m getting so much less spam now.

The community congratulates Jarland and Imok for their success.

Fade out.

3 Likes

AI failure. I see no mention of red bull, everclear, taco bell or popcorn.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Dude, don’t you go threatening people with a good time!

1 Like