Amazon SES is no longer the less expensive transactional email service

Thank you :slight_smile:

Each domain can be attached to only one account for security reason. Often subaccounts are connected to the main account and need to be able to use the domain name. And this solution was designed to allow that

Subaccounts are allowed to have their own domains and it is allowed. Right now we are testing a beta version of a feature that limits the subaccount access to the main account. After testing stage, it will go live.

The main account has 5000 free emails per day and subaccounts can use it too. We treat the main account as the owner and each owner can have only that max amount of free emails. The reason why subaccounts don’t get their own free limits is a typical anti-abuse action. For example, if someone created 10 subaccounts and each of them got their own free emails, those users would never need to upgrade the service.

The mandatory unsubscribe link and address are needed in order to comply with our anti-spam policy. We believe that the recipient should have full control of their mailbox and ability to say no to any email. That’s why we include the unsubscribe link. An address is required by CAN-SPAM. We are aware that it is designed for email marketing more than transactional emails but adding the address raises the credibility of any kind of email.

1 Like

I thought that would be the case. That’s too bad, I think that it would be nice to extent the offer to clients without forcing them to go thru the whole ordeal of setting stuff up, or having to share their account credentials.

For newsletters, agreed, for everything else, not really. You also promote the service for transnational email, it doesn’t look good to send an email about anything else than a newsletter and have the unsubscribe link there. Right?

No… it really doesn’t.
Actually, if I send an email to a client and it goes with all that, it doesn’t look good, and it kinda looks messy, unprofessional.
Edit 2: To clarify, adding the company name, address in a sig is a whole lot different than having it glued at the end of an email. Plus there’s the unsubscribe… link to an email about billing/legal agreement/follow up/whatever besides newsletter.

And this is why I never used your service for anything other than testing.

As a sidenote:
you have a “partnership with acymailing” , which is a newsletter app, that already includes the unsubscribe designed into the newsletter. So basically users need to remove the acymailing unsubscribe link to which they have design control and use yours, or have it double. Maybe you guys could look into giving some design control? text color,size,font, “section” background.

Edit: Seems to me, that you guys are moving towards being a cloud service for newsletter (i.e. mailchimp, direc contact, aweber and the likes).

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. We are working on improvements in many areas all the time. I will discus your suggestions with the rest of the team. I do agree with some of your arguments and also see the space for improvements there.

5 Likes

You mean, Elastic Email!

Yep, I did mean Elastic Email. Ooopsie? :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll forgive it this time!

1 Like