What's your "infra" like?

More interesting question to me then is like what type of infra/software do you use to manage the business?

Are you heavy on other SaaS providers or do you host your own monitoring, company chat, file syncing/storage, git repos, etc etc?

i’m really lovin slack, it integrates with everything. we get social media notifications, uptime notifications, and support ticket notifications - plus a great way to communicate w/ the team.

too bad their desktop client idles at half a terabyte of ram

We pretty much self host whatever we can.

Our staff chat is SAAS’d, as is our monitoring. I’m looking to maybe move to a different monitoring service, that way we can start having public reports on things.

For internal monitoring i’ve been eyeing PRTG. Haven’t pulled the trigger on that yet, but may in the next few months once storage is off to the races.

Francisco

1 Like

Personally? I have a loose-knit amount of VPS (dedis begone- too expensive!) and management via Hetrix and personal tools for whatever matters, and far too many NAT instances I never do anything with, but they cost like a pizza a year, so who cares?

Professionally? It is incredibly well managed. Hence the lack of effort on the former.

Got rid of 3 this week, but made sure they found good owners who (hopefully) won’t just dump them, because they’re great deals. But I also bought one of the deals @Ryan posted, so… still a net win for my bank account though?

2 Likes

Sure, but you know you’ll miss 'em. I’ll never get my DbD specials back in the day of shoemining. *Sigh*

Gonna bump this because I think it’s interesting and not enough have seen it, especially newer folks

1 Like

Well a few dedis + vm’s.

Dropped the One of my KS4C’s a few days ago, since 12.99 + VAT is expensive.
I rather keep the cheaper one for 9.99 + VAT with the same specs.

I got about 8 cheap dedis, spread everywhere, from Kimsufi to Serwerdedykowana + 1 metric ton of vm’s.

1. Noxic Colo, Dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5345 @ 2.33GHz with 32 GB RAM running proxmox, and 16 VMs.
  2. Incero Colo x2 E3-1230v2 with 32 GB RAM running proxmox, and ~8 VMs.
  3. Incero Dedi 12TB deal, plex and backups.
  4. EGIHosting Dedi Intel i7-2600 running proxmox for hosting game vms.

About 5 VMs elsewhere for various bits.

For trade (not really “mine”), 12U + 2U + 1U in the Blue banana (three different DCs in continental Western Europe)

For pleasure, I’ve currently… 15 KVM and 1 OVZ (I had to count them) plus three cheap dedis (spanning from 6€/mo to ~35€/mo), everything splattered mostly in Europe (Hetzner) but with some notable exceptions (mainly Hong Kong and Russia)
12 out of the 15 KVMs essentially idle all the time, I occasionally use them as sandboxes or to hold backups of backups of backups