Is OpenLiteSpeed a good Apache Replacement?

Apache Replacement

But the free/open version doesn’t support .htaccess, does it?

OpenLitespeed supports .htaccess in another way.

You can copy the rewrite rules from the .htaccess and paste into OpenLiteSpeed admin console:

The commercial version of Litespeed is quite affordable.

There’s a free tier (max 2Gb of Ram), perfect for a VPS or small dedi.

And yes, it has full support and yes, it reads .htaccess directly

https://www.litespeedtech.com/products/litespeed-web-server/lsws-pricing

Huh, I didn’t know that. Cool :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve done research on LS before, I just wasn’t aware of whether it was possible to make use of .htaccess files with OLS.

Latest versions work flawlessly

the speed difference between a static site and a wordpress site running on LScache is almost non existent

1 Like

I wonder how well it would perform against Centmin Mod. @eva2000, have you done much testing with LS/OLS?

1 Like

not lately (like 1.5 yr ago)

but when i did, it outperformed anything else i had tested before, and that’s a lot

i was about to get started again

The question was directed to @eva2000, but let us know how you get on with your testing! :smiley:

1 Like

i was thinking already… holy where did my balls go

2 Likes

if you want to use the commercial version with all the extras for free :

Free Starter License

Our Free Starter License provides single site owners with the power of LiteSpeed Web Server at no cost! Free Starter is a full LiteSpeed Web Server Enterprise license restricted to one domain and 2GB of memory. It is 100% free for the life of the license.

https://store.litespeedtech.com/store/cart.php?a=add&pid=102

1 Like

AFAIK the “problem” with LS is that insane license they enforce, trying to decide which type of websites you can and cannot host with their software. I don’t know if that’s still in effect or if it applies to the OLS project. They’ve been faster than Apache/nginx for ages.

3 Likes

Things have settled a bit these days…

1 Like

Yeah, no. Anyone who tells me that they don’t like my political views, and they don’t want me using their product- I have no interest in supporting.

The internet, once a safe place for everyone, is slowly becoming a hugbox where anyone who has radical views that people should work for a living, and keep their ideologies to themselves rather than a billboard, is no longer welcome.

My LAeMpP stack works just fine for my needs, other than taking about 30 seconds to start cold until the local dnsmasq caches because my lazy ass used name-based virtualhosts to make shit easier to move.

2 Likes

Many people have different needs

b1 b2

You live in Europe. There aren’t that many Amigas left.

That’s why you stay in the US

Nice benchmarks huh

Tell me, where have you been in Europe so far?

As you’re a man of the world, I’m sure you can tell us

Your game is weak, and I just don’t care enough to bother.

Not being able to answer is what’s weak here

BTW

You’re welcome to visit here, we don’t bite (in general)

Thanks bro.