The "Free Shit" Thread

Post any free stuff you find around the web that you think others may be interested in.

Possible free shit:

• Video Games
  • PC Programs
  • Android/iOS Apps
  • eBooks
  • Free-After-Rebate Gear
  • Anything else you find that’s free

:slight_smile:

Insurgency

A popular multiplayer FPS game is currently free on Steam for the next day or so. Just log into your steam account and hit “Install Game” to add it to your account.

Dope. :metal:

Orwell Keeping an Eye On You

Game desc: Big Brother has arrived - and it’s you. Investigate the lives of citizens to find those responsible for a series of terror attacks. Information from the internet, personal communications and private files are all accessible to you. But, be warned, the information you supply will have consequences.

Available for free for the next 48 hours via HumbleBundle:

REMINDER: after adding the game to your humblebundle account, you have to claim the key and add it to your steam account before it goes bye bye in a couple weeks.

If anyone (trusted) wants a VM at Zare in London with a few IPs for non-nefarious purposes, let me know. Testing out some ebtables rules and would like some real-world usage. :slight_smile:
As per Jack Hadrill tradition, this is CrapNAT™ style without the NAT. No SLA, no guaranteed uptime, no support, no RAID, no *.*. Just a Proxmox login and some allocated resources. :smiley:

I’ll likely put a hard cap of 10 MBps on the VM as I use this for my VDSL bonding endpoint.

Edit: Sidenote, if anyone wants a non-experimental (still, without RAID) VM with a few IPs for whatever reason, then I’m open to offers. Would be good to find a way to partially fund my machine and my IPs.

I might take you up on that in a month or two. Will be looking for more monitoring locations shortly :slight_smile:

Sure! Sitting on a few unused IPs and a lot of unused RAM, so would be great to put it to good use!

For the Android users among us:
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/08/17/app-sales-aug-17-2018/

:raised_hand: Question: for the BGP illiterate… how does that setup work w/ your own range and Proxmox, I’m assuming all on the same box? Basically, after announcing your own ranges how do you connect that back to the Proxmox VMs?

Here are some currently free premium Wordpress themes:

Offers end on 1st of September.

On that machine I use a routed setup. I.e. one of the IPs (xxx.xxx.xxx.1) assigned to the network interface, and then a ‘bridge interface’ with a static route for the rest of the prefix, using xxx.xxx.xxx.1 as a gateway. All VMs are given a virtual interface that is bridged to that bridge device so it can find a route.

FOR HONOR (Starter Edition)

The game allows players to play the roles of historical forms of soldiers and warriors, including knights, samurai, and vikings within a medieval setting, controlled using a third-person perspective.

Free. Don’t google it, don’t watch videos, don’t read reviews. Go play it now. One spoiler will prevent you from no less than 4 hours of fun/mindfucking. All you need to know is this warning:

This game is not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed.

Free shit at my house. Bring a toilet plunger.

More free Android apps and games.
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/09/10/app-sales-sept-10-2018/

The Tiny Bang Story on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/96000/The_Tiny_Bang_Story/

Hyperdrive Massacre and Orwell: Keeping An Eye On You on Steam are both currently free :slight_smile:

Free android apps and games (cheers @thagoat for the site :slight_smile:)

Very nice! Cheers mate!

PC Game: Shadow Warrior 2 on GOG.com

This game is DRM-free, so you won’t get a key to download on steam or any other platform, instead you’ll download the installer directly from your GOG account.