Plex

Yes I use plexdrive instead of rclone mount because plexdrive is a lot stable, works only with my drive and caches most of the database etc in ram so uses lesser api calls then rclone. Rclone sometimes gets unmounted own it’s own even though my system had 64gb of ram.

Custom scripts because with such large library, the scripts tell plex to only scan new media and new folders after sonarr/radarr completes renaming and moving. While it gets uploaded to my g drive, plex scans it and downloads meta information.
One custom scripts tells plex to scan new folder and other tells rclone to upload it to my set directory on gdrive.

Work around with teamdrives to bypass daily upload limit is by using service accounts. One SA has a daily upload limit of 100gb and I van make 99 of them on one peoject in my cosole. I can add more projects and 99 accounts each on them. So with 1000 SAs my daily upload limit is 750,000GB

But the problem is that plexdrive only works with my drive and not teamdrive, so i have to manually move files to my drive in correct folders and then plex scan complete library which makes custom scripts useless

For subtitles i use SubZero (plex pluggin/extension) which will automatically fetch subtitles as soon as meta is downloaded on first scan. It also fetches on first play and if you are watching a tv series it’ll fetch the subtitles for next episode as well while you are watching first one.

When was the last time you tried Rclone? I used to use PlexDrive about a year ago, but Rclone’s mount (with VFS) has better performance and has been much more reliable while consuming less resources in my use. Just seems that part of your setup is unnecessary given recent advances in Rclone haha.

Ah yes, I had forgotten about SAs.

I had so many issues with PlexDrive within the first few days of using it that it put a sour taste in my mouth. I think I was using ocamlfuse prior to that (which also had it’s own problems). After PlexDrive failed me, rclone cache was my savior and then eventually VFS when @Wolveix mentioned the performance benefits over rclone cache.

Hell… I just rebuilt (scan + metadata download + media analysis) my entire 45+ TB library without any issues using the VFS mount.

That’s awesome!

Yeah, it’s a great plugin. I highly recommend it for anyone who has their own server :stuck_out_tongue:

You got it too? :smiley: With portuguese subtitles?

Yeah, I’ve had it for years. I added Portuguese subtitles to the download list when you first showed interest haha.

Oh so it applies to the old downloads too? or new only? I’ll reply to your PM now.

I think last I used rclone mount was 5-6 months ago.
Can you share your flags you used?
I also rclone cache + remote last time I used rclone for mount.

Both old and new :slight_smile:

Sure thing, I use rclone mount GDrive: /path/to/mount/ --allow-other --buffer-size 512M --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 32M --log-level INFO --log-file /path/to/logs/rclone/mount.log --timeout 1h --uid 1000 --gid 1000 --vfs-cache-mode minimal --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off &.

Make sure to use this with a standard GDrive remote and not a cache remote. Additionally, change the uid and gid values to match your intended user. If you’re streaming content above 20mbps bitrates, you might need to minorly tweak the chunk sizes respectively.

Isn’t it only unlimited if you have more than five users on G Suite? That’s what it says on their pricing page: خطط الأسعار | G Suite

Perhaps they don’t enforce that, but I imagine they will one day :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Why is the link preview in Arabic?

Yeah, they don’t enforce it at all and haven’t for years. Perhaps one day they will, though, since eventually all good things must come to an end.

LOL! Well that’s a first. Usually they’re in German since the server hosting the forum is with Hetzner. Maybe @Jarland sold us off to the Saudi’s :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahh, good to know! I’ve got a legacy free Google Apps but it only comes with 15 GB space, and I don’t want to upgrade to the paid one because I can’t downgrade back to the free one once the trial period is over.

You can always make a new one, they offer free 15 day trial as well

Can someone fill me in, I honestly didn’t know subtitles were so popular, why is that?

To me they make me pay attention to the text on the screen instead of watching the actual content.

I know of quite a few people that watch popular TV shows as a means to learn a new language and the vernacular of the language. Having subtitles in your native language helps as you’re learning or if you don’t understand the phrasing/slang that’s used.

Hopefully this doesn’t spark a Dubbed vs. Subbed-elitist Anime debate :stuck_out_tongue:

Language barriers.

I hate that debate. I prefer subbed, but if you want to watch something dubbed then you go right ahead, I couldn’t care less. Equally, if I just want something on in the background, I’ll watch it dubbed. But because of that debate, unless a version doesn’t exist, all anime on my server is dual audio with subtitles, so you can choose :slight_smile:

Heh, I just prefer subbed, also, kids watch movies too. And there are a few things I don’t get due to the the way they pronounce or whatever.

Subtitles are love!!!