Growing Our Little Community

I like that I can see when people are replying live :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, that one too. :grinning: I never saw such feature before in any forum, is it? cmiiw.

1 Like

My first time seeing it too. It’s very IM like.

1 Like

This is how a forum should be in today’s Internet. Not like vBulletin that seems to be stuck in 2008.

2 Likes

Why?

If I’m trying to concentrate or reading something that’s more than just fluff- I don’t need it turning the pages, or flashing me with the latest “no u” responses.

Indeed, I loooove that feature!

My 2c

Invitation system (similar to how private trackers work), because the population is really great right now (see https://hostballs.com/t/how-long-have-you-been-in-the-industry it’s an inverted pyramid with the seniors at the top) and we all probably don’t want to change that :slight_smile:

I wish I could change my vote on that thread, I mistakenly put 10 year+ when it should’ve been 3-6 years as I’ve been doing it for around 7 years.

I was referring to the infinite scrolling and IM style features, not the notifications.
As for the notifications, if they bother you, I suppose you can tweak the thread tracking.

I am a tad with
@WSS
on this one. Autoscroll is not fun for me. I do like not having to reload the site to see if somebody posted something.

You can block it with uBlock Origin.
For whatever reason, the default blocklists stop it. :smiley:

Wow how does that work? The first thing I install with my browser is ublock yet I think I am still encountering the scroll I think. But thanks for recommendation.

All I see it blocking is the cross-domain piwiki script, but it’s not scrolling.

You might also be interested in NoScript/et al, but that’s going to completely break web2.0+ turds.

For advances with Hetzner you have to open a ticket with the billing department. You tell them how much to charge your card, and they charge it and credit to your Hetzner account as advance payment for your future server invoices.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I will try for this site. Will see if it fixes my scroll freeze.

Quit licking the windows ya lil whipper snapper.

I was going to ask what Web 2.0 was. But then I stopped myself. LOL.