Great Deals & Great Buys of BF/CM 2018

Let’s use this thread to share and discuss any great non-hosting deals you’ve found. Or to boast about any good purchases! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I only manage snag 1 kvm deal from indovirtue and get scammed by itldc

Twas sad day for apac

2 Likes

So far, 2.5TB storage KVM $84/yr from HostHatch :slight_smile:

Let’s see if any other tempting storage offer comes up!

1 Like

None. So talking about hosting deals again… nothing.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound very blackfriday’ey.
You get block storage for a lot cheaper than that

1. Slideshop: Lifetime Subscription for $18 (40% OFF) from StackSocial

2. Reseller Hosting From MightWeb w/ WHMCS- $11.86/m

3. Custom HostDoc KVM (Dallas, Incero) - ~$7/m

So far so good. Still need to grabbing some .com domains from Namecheap or whoever has the better deal.

2 Likes

Anything cheaper than $5 / TB / month is very cheap. And this offer is $2.8 / TB / month.

1 Like

Here’s a list of blackfriday sales tech related:

I think I’ll fall for my first Android Wear watch (Ticwatch something), even if it’s still the old CPU, but for the price :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just gonna tell you, TicWatch kinda sucks. They don’t really keep up with Wear OS updates and they replace Google Fit integration with the Ticwatch Health application (which everyone knows is trash).

Interesting, I found it to be one of my favorites when I was going through Wear watches. Granted, they all left something to be desired because Google still has work to do on the OS (persistent heart rate without 3 hour battery life on any device please).

Most of it may just be how comfortable the band is :smiley:

persistent heart rate without 3 hour battery life on any device please

What do you mean? :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t seen a single watch that doesn’t last at least 20 hours with persistent heart rate.

From the hardware side TicWatch is ok (some of them look and feel quite nice) but from the software side…eugh.

While it’s not technically a Wear device or whatever, the Xiaomi Mi Band has fantastic battery life with heart rate monitoring :v: By default it’s battery life is about 20 days, but with persistent heart rate tracking it’s between 10 - 15.

1 Like

Well when I stopped using it (few months ago) google had no persistent HR feature because they removed it due to battery drain. Third party apps did fine-ish but had to background on your phone and poll the watch frequently, hurting phone battery instead.

I didn’t get it (was in cart but site exploded before the complete would finish) but this is the craziest deal in the Virmach flash sales that I’ve seen

$8.00 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
RAM 10240MB DEDICATED RAM
CPU 5x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
BANDWIDTH 2000GB BANDWIDTH
LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
3 Likes

I’ve never had a problem with battery drain & persistent heart rate (I have a Huawei Watch 2 so its built into both Google Fit and the Huawei Health app).

1 Like

I read somewhere that they will offer the option to switch back to Google Fit eventually, I can still return it to Amazon if I’m not satisfied :slight_smile:

But thanks for the heads up!

I’ve never seen that before, do you have a source?

I’ve found this: Received this message from Mobvoi Twitter regarding the Ticwatch E and Google Fit. Hopefully they will follow through with it but only time will tell. : WearOS

Oh, interesting. Lots of optimism in the comments though.

Really need a new graphics card. Missing out on a great deal on a 2070 because I don’t have the right type of American Express card to get 20% off -_-

Looking for alternatives.