Domain Auction (Makaveli/Botnets/TCP6/Menacing/64bit/Spoofer/Bawse)

#6 - $9

1 Like

Just about a day left.

Hereā€™s where weā€™re at now.

#1 - No bids
#2 - $10 (@Shu)
#3 - No bids
#4 - No bids
#5 - $8 (@Shu)
#6 - $9 (@Skander)
#7 - No bids

Itā€™s the final hour! :wink:

@King8654 @Shu @Skander

Good luck and keep an eye out for sneaky bidders :joy:

#5 - $9

1 Like

End of auction.

#2 - $10 (@Shu)
#5 - $9 (@miniopt)
#6 - $9 (@Skander)

Congrats guys! :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll PM you to sort out payment and transfer.

1 Like

After doing a review, I have decided to disqualify @minioptā€™s bid due to it being an immature account and was created only to snipe the name.

So this has ended? I would like to do #5 - $10

Edit: Added offer

Yes it has.

I sent a mail to thedp to tell him I might not be able to participate in the auction 2 hours before the end. Eventually I was able to, so I created this account as he asked me to do in the mail.

The auction rules that thedp set did not specify that the auction was reserved to active HostBalls members (note that he listed it on his website domainpeon.com). He also clearly announced the winners at the end of the auction. I donā€™t see why a last minute bidder would be disqualified ā€“ this is not how an auction is run. And rules cannot be changed once theyā€™ve been set. Anyhow, Iā€™ll address the matter with thedp via PM.

1 Like

I agree. We donā€™t have any domain selling rules, but @TheDP you didnā€™t explicitly say anything of the sort. Thatā€™s pretty shady, and I feel that you should honour @minioptā€™s offer.

Understood and Iā€™ll ensure the rules will need to be specific for future auctions.

Iā€™ll finalize this when Iā€™m home later today.

@Shu @miniopt

Thanks @Wolveix

If you know so much about the auctions then youā€™d know that everyone hates auction snipers and online auctions are usually extended in case there are people like you trying to be sneaky. It sure was convenient posting your bid on the absolute final minute, letā€™s see

Is not 30 seconds before it ends.

Hello @Shu, I can understand that you were expecting to win the domain considering that the auction went by calmly.

As @Wolveix agreed, last minute bidding should have been forbidden in the rules if @TheDP did not want it to happen. This was not part of the rules, and he did not frown upon it ā€“ quite the contrary, actually, if I refer to his mail and his post 1h before the auction ended:

He also tagged you in this post so that you were warned.

To clarify, I personally have no issue with last minute bidding/sniping. But if the seller does, then it should be clearly stated in the rules. Whoever puts the highest bid in winsā€¦thatā€™s just how auctions work. It shouldnā€™t matter if that bid was put in a minute before the end of the auction.

2 Likes

Ok folks.

Letā€™s just make it clear and simple. Sorry but clearly I missed out some rules which should have been there. Lesson learned. Will include them in future auctions.

Oh wellā€¦ we are where we are now. Since HB does not really have any rules for domain auctions and I did not clearly state that sniping is not accepted, nor have I stated that the bidders needed to have a ā€˜matureā€™ account here, thereā€™s nothing more that I can do now then to just accept the mistakes and learn from it.

So due to this, it is what it is.

#2 - $10 (@Shu)
#5 - $9 (@miniopt)

@Shu - If youā€™re not going to proceed with your win and would like to ditch your bids and the name, I totally understand and will accept that.

Iā€™m taking it

I have sorted out payment and domain transfer with @Shu

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.