Do You Have Server/Hosting Equipment at Home?

• Yes, under usage.
  • Yes, but powered off with some dust on it.
  • No, and I don’t have plans to have. I like them in their natural habitat.
  • No, but I will have some any time soon

0 voters

You see the title @Wolveix? I’m worried about the body now :joy:

Made a mistake. Poll should have been single selection.

1 Like

Yeah it’s leaning against the wall. PowerEdge R730. I’m not saying I can’t lift it’s weight, but when combined with it’s size and shape I can barely lift that damn thing.

2 Likes

2x Raspberry Pi 4 8GBs running a bunch of Docker containers
A couple Intel NUCs collecting dust, but I used to use. Similarly, got a Supermicro sitting in the corner.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll ever have a big beefy server as I don’t want the noise or the electric costs, but when I move to my own place next month I am planning to use some of my RPis for PiHole and Home assistant.

2 Likes

1 Raspberry Pi 3B+ as RetroPi
1 Raspberry Pi 3B+ as LibreElec with Plexus for internet TV
1 Raspberry Pi Zero as VPN

1 Like

1 Tiny custom PC running PiHole

1 Like

Intel Core i5 running a few dozen Docker containers

1 Like

I got a HP Proliant DL380 G6 which I got free many years ago, not been booted for some time now as don’t host anything internally nowadays.

1 Like

raspberry pi Count? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I proudly own a UDP Port 53 ACCELERATOR.

Sure they do. Raspberry Pi is a very good server.

1 Like

Gen 8 HP Micro Server, runs my Plex / local DNS

I have always wanted to have a HP Microserver, but they are not powerful neither cheap around my place.

Yeah got mine second hand, has a semi decent E3, plenty enough for 1080p transcode or audio only transcode 4K. With 4 bays inside I treat it like a slightly faster NAS with a full windows interface.

1 Like

Just a bit of storage. Thanks to @Mason it is progressing:

5 Likes

Ooo I see my company logo on there :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

hope you like it ^^ though I am afraid I am not your customer (yet)

1 Like

I have a HP Micro Server Gen8, was able to get that thing for cheap three years ago. Need to upgrade the RAM though as it only has 4GB…

Also got two self-built Servers one for files and Nextcloud and one only for Backups.

I really want something like the ODROID-HC2 (built in SATA) but with the guts of a Raspberry Pi. Storage is the only weak point on the Pi for me. 8GB RAM is plenty and the ARM64 CPU on the Pi 4 is plenty fast.

You do know that Raspberry Pi has 4 usb ports. Use them for storage instead of relying on a microSD card. That microSD is only for operating system (raspbian/dietpi). I plan on setting up a Raspberry Pi 3B+ as storage, with 4 usb sticks in RAID.

Regarding Pi4, it’s too hot for my taste; literally too hot.