As always when leaving dedis, today is a sad day. I’ven been using this little machine for almost 2 years:
- Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Haswell (4 cores / 8 threads @ 3.40 GHz, turbo @ 3.80 GHz)
- 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 ECC memory
- 4x 250GB (1TB) Seagate Constellation ES.2
- Supermicro IPMI remote management (reboot, KVM & virtual media)
- /29 subnet. 5 usable
- 50TB (in+out) @ 1Gbps
- Install your own OS using IPMI
- Location: FDC Servers, Chicago.
Provided by Heymman Servers, who has been awesome giving premium unmanaged support.
Renewal price is $26/m and next due date is January 22.
What do you need to do to get this server?
- Post a comment here indicating you are interested and you will be randomly selected using an online service. You have until 23:00 EST today Jan 10. You have 2 chances if you are an existing Hostballs user prior to this thread.
- If you get selected, you will have to give me your full name via PM. Yep, that is a provider requirement. Don’t worry, I’m not interested in your live except something.
- Also you have to transfer me $26 via Paypal (fees included). That is because I need to recover resources invested installing and migrating services run on this dedi (it has been running as a production server). If you don’t like the idea, you can wait some days and get it for free if nobody wants it.
I have asked the requirements almost a year ago and I won’t bother support again with that question, if something has changed you will have to understand.
The server will be transferred as soon as possible tomorrow. The server has not been wiped yet in case you want me to run a benchmark.